The Caravan & Motorhome Chat Forum
Footy Chat - Printable Version

+- The Caravan & Motorhome Chat Forum (http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community)
+-- Forum: (http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: The Sports Lounge, Travellers Rest (http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Forum: Football (http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+---- Thread: Footy Chat (/showthread.php?tid=2761)

RE: Footy Chat - neveramsure - 13-02-2018

(11-02-2018, 06:28 PM)Bugs Wrote: Well that went well!

Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate

Not for me Bugs. Sad

A well deserved win for you though, they played with grit and determination, something that's lacking with ManU at the moment.

RE: Footy Chat - neveramsure - 19-02-2018

What an unbelievable result. Huh
Wigan 1 - Man City 0

That is a real upset.

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 19-02-2018

(19-02-2018, 11:03 PM)neveramsure Wrote: What an unbelievable result. Huh
Wigan 1 - Man City 0

That is a real upset.

Certainly was a surprise.
And Blackburn have gone top of League 1. Wonder if they can hang on to that position?

RE: Footy Chat - neveramsure - 19-02-2018

(19-02-2018, 11:09 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
Wigan 1 - Man City 0

That is a real upset.

And Blackburn have gone top of League 1. Wonder if they can hang on to that position?

Stranger things have happened in football Nellie.

One thing is for sure, there is no shortage of good football clubs to support in the North West. Yes

RE: Footy Chat - Admiral - 19-02-2018

(19-02-2018, 11:14 PM)neveramsure Wrote:
(19-02-2018, 11:09 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
Wigan 1 - Man City 0

That is a real upset.

Stranger things have happened in football Nellie.

One thing is for sure, there is no shortage of good football clubs to support in the North West. Yes

Serve Gladioli right, taking the FA Cup lightly

RE: Footy Chat - Tigerfish - 20-02-2018

Last Saturday was a disaster, losing 4-1 to Stevenage, and it will probably now continue. They lost their Goal keeper, and one of their main defenders, with serious injuries in the game against Crewe on the 10th Feb. The Goalkeeper is unlikely to play again this season and probably the defender too.

To a small club like Yeovil the loss of their Goalkeeper is a real disaster, because unlike the bigger clubs they don't have much in the way of reserves available in that position. I just hope they can survive until the end of season. They were just starting to pull away from the danger area too.

TF

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 20-02-2018

(20-02-2018, 09:58 AM)Tigerfish Wrote: Last Saturday was a disaster, losing 4-1 to Stevenage, and it will probably now continue. They lost their Goal keeper, and one of their main defenders, with serious injuries in the game against Crewe on the 10th Feb.  The Goalkeeper is unlikely to play again this season and probably the defender too.

To a small club like Yeovil the loss of their Goalkeeper is a real disaster, because unlike the bigger clubs they don't have much in the way of reserves available in that position.  I just hope they can survive until the end of season.  They were just starting to pull away from the danger area too.

TF

Your team should be ok, TF. The bottom 2 would have to win 4 more games than Yeovil to close the gap and I can't see them doing that.......Famous last words, I hope not.
I've just noticed that they signed a new keeper till the end of the season, Stuart Nelson, Gillingham's former keeper.

RE: Footy Chat - Bugs - 10-03-2018

Newcastle United 3 Southampton 0

Great win for United - made even better by the fact the other teams in danger of relegation lost or could only draw

Party Party Party

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 10-03-2018

Not a great day for TW's team but as 3 of the sides below them also lost it wasn't that disastrous.

Blackburn won again, but so did Shrewsbury who are keeping up the pressure, although Wigan only managed a draw. It's going to be down to the wire there who gets automatic promotion.

RE: Footy Chat - AlfiesDad - 10-03-2018

Think you mean TF's team Nellie thumbup
A rare win for the toffees today, they may stay up, but only just nah