The Caravan & Motorhome Chat Forum
Footy Chat - Printable Version

+- The Caravan & Motorhome Chat Forum (http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community)
+-- Forum: (http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: The Sports Lounge, Travellers Rest (http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Forum: Football (http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+---- Thread: Footy Chat (/showthread.php?tid=2761)

RE: Footy Chat - Admiral - 22-12-2020

(22-12-2020, 04:01 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
(22-12-2020, 09:05 AM)Admiral Wrote: Next six games

Liverpool
Leeds
Arsenal
Wolves
Man City
Fulham

Can't see us getting anything there, most  3 points, not looking good

Look on the bright side, you should beat Fulham, possibly Arsenal and force a draw against Leeds and Wolves, 6 if not 8 points, simples.

Now that is stupid

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 23-12-2020

(22-12-2020, 11:58 PM)Admiral Wrote:
(22-12-2020, 04:01 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
(22-12-2020, 09:05 AM)Admiral Wrote: Next six games

Liverpool
Leeds
Arsenal
Wolves
Man City
Fulham

Can't see us getting anything there, most  3 points, not looking good

Look on the bright side, you should beat Fulham, possibly Arsenal and force a draw against Leeds and Wolves, 6 if not 8 points, simples.

Now that is stupid

One can only live in hope. Stranger things have been known to happen.

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 27-12-2020

Now I get you didn't expect that, Admiral. There's the first of the 6 points I forecast!! Big Grin

RE: Footy Chat - Riggers - 03-01-2021

Excellent win for Man City away at Chelsea this afternoon. Now for ye carabao Cup semi final against the old enemy Utd on Wednesday

RE: Footy Chat - bessacarr425 - 06-01-2021

Many people in Scotland are disgusted at the whole Celtic team jetting off to the Middle East to a training camp in the sun. During the pandemic Celtic are not showing consideration for others. Who knows what viruses they will bring home. I recon it will be a very long time before I ever visit Parkhead again.

RE: Footy Chat - AlfiesDad - 06-01-2021

I'm really off football at the moment, how can the FA justify allowing the players to SPIT all over the field? It's absolutely disgusting arghh Especially in these times, the football rolls through the muck and players head it and also pick it up to throw it. The offenders should be carded. Allowing these overpaid, cheats to play in a national lockdown is beyond me, when we can't play a non contact game like golf Rolling Pin
I won't say anymore, suffice to say I don't bother watching or listening anymore.

RE: Footy Chat - bessacarr425 - 11-01-2021

Further to my post #745 , It has been reported that a player in the Celtic team has brought the covid virus back to the UK from their middle east training camp. IMO it was a stupid idea to take the team over there during the worldwide pandemic in the first place.

RE: Footy Chat - oneputt - 11-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 04:29 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote: I'm really off football at the moment, how can the FA justify allowing the players to SPIT all over the field? It's absolutely disgusting arghh Especially in these times, the football rolls through the muck and players head it and also pick it up to throw it. The offenders should be carded. Allowing these overpaid, cheats to play in a national lockdown is beyond me, when we can't play a non contact game like golf Rolling Pin
I won't say anymore, suffice to say I don't bother watching or listening anymore.

Spot on AD. Football, although supposedly a non contact sports seems to have more contact than some Rugby games

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 10:24 AM)bessacarr425 Wrote: Further to my post #745 , It has been reported that a player in the Celtic team has brought the covid virus back to the UK from their middle east training camp.  IMO it was a stupid idea to take the team over there during the worldwide pandemic in the first place.

The Scottish F A should be ashamed for having sanctioned the Celtic trip, and the club should be excluded from the league for the remainder of the season. That would then send a very strong message to all other sides to obey to the rules. The lower league teams should be financially assisted by a tax on the teams from the top two leagues.

RE: Footy Chat - bessacarr425 - 12-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 08:30 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 10:24 AM)bessacarr425 Wrote: Further to my post #745 , It has been reported that a player in the Celtic team has brought the covid virus back to the UK from their middle east training camp.  IMO it was a stupid idea to take the team over there during the worldwide pandemic in the first place.

The Scottish F A should be ashamed for having sanctioned the Celtic trip, and the club should be excluded from the league for the remainder of the season. That would then send a very strong message to all other sides to obey to the rules. The lower league teams should be financially assisted by a tax on the teams from the top two leagues.

Good post, I would go along with your recommendations. thumbup