The Caravan & Motorhome Chat Forum
Footy Chat - Printable Version

+- The Caravan & Motorhome Chat Forum (http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community)
+-- Forum: (http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: The Sports Lounge, Travellers Rest (http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Forum: Football (http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+---- Thread: Footy Chat (/showthread.php?tid=2761)

RE: Footy Chat - Tigerfish - 10-07-2021

I think that it’s sad that the FA has had to bear the pain of a heavy fine for the morons that spoilt the game against Denmark. One would hope that such a penalty would discourage the morons that purport to be English football fans, but sadly I am not that confident.
I really hope that I am wrong because I would love to see England win or lose with dignity!

TF

RE: Footy Chat - DianneT - 10-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 08:34 AM)huskydog Wrote: I have never been into football , and don’t understand the need for it to take over everything, I don’t see people flying England flags when the cricket or rugby teams play , why ? .
To see grown men cry because their team has lost ,again I don’t get it .
We all have different sports we like and I get it , but I won’t be watching on Sunday

I am with you Husky I am sick to death of football but we have to put up with the childish behaviour of some of the fans. Goodness knows what the children of today will be like the way they are egging them on for the next match. I will not be watching it. I hope England win though I always support all English/British in sport. I don’t like how the Scots are gunning for Italy either.

Give me Cricket and Tennis Fans any day they may be loud some days but they are civilised.

RE: Footy Chat - AlfiesDad - 10-07-2021

(10-07-2021, 05:55 PM)DianneT Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 08:34 AM)huskydog Wrote: I have never been into football , and don’t understand the need for it to take over everything, I don’t see people flying England flags when the cricket or rugby teams play , why ? .
We all have different sports we like and I get it , but I won’t be watching on Sunday

I am with you Husky I am sick to death of football but we have to put up with the childish behaviour of some of the fans. Goodness knows what the children of today will be like the way they are egging them on for the next match.  I will not be watching it.  I hope England win though I always support all English/British in sport.  I don’t like how the Scots are gunning for Italy either.

Give me Cricket and Tennis Fans any day they may be loud some days but they are civilised.

As are rugby fans whistle

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 10-07-2021

(10-07-2021, 07:47 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 05:55 PM)DianneT Wrote:

I am with you Husky I am sick to death of football but we have to put up with the childish behaviour of some of the fans. Goodness knows what the children of today will be like the way they are egging them on for the next match.  I will not be watching it.  I hope England win though I always support all English/British in sport.  I don’t like how the Scots are gunning for Italy either.

As are rugby fans whistle

Agree there AD. They generally have a lot more respect for the opposite side. In fact I think that at cricket test matches some of the supporters are tending to take on the traits of their football counterparts. Just look at some of the sledging (for want of a better uncontroversial word) that some players receive when fielding near the boundary.

RE: Footy Chat - Bugs - 12-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 06:32 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote: Ok then folks, time to get off the fence and give us your predicted scores.
Here's mine...... Sorry England, I can't see you scoring against the formidable Italian defence.

Italy 2-0 England
If I had more faith in Slipford, then it may have gone to penalties

I think it will go to extra time and Italy will win on penalties

whistle

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 12-07-2021

Same old, same old, and I just don't mean the result. arghh

RE: Footy Chat - Riggers - 12-07-2021

So disappointed but i had that feeling that the Rashford & Sancho would miss penalties as they had no game time and took the penalties cold. Grealish and Sterling should have taken them over the other two.

So sad we couldn’t quite do it so lets hope we have a good tournament in the World Cup

RE: Footy Chat - AlfiesDad - 12-07-2021

In my opinion, the English forwards lacked ideas, say no more.

I can understand Southgate wanting those guys on to take the penalties as they had been the best in practice at taking them, but think that he should have given them at least 10 mins of the final period of extra time to get their eye in and feel the atmosphere out in the centre. They were throw on cold, as it were, although I do think that Marcus just didn't hit his attempt hard enough as had the ball been travelling any faster it would have sneaked in instead of hitting the post, with the keeper well beaten.

Really impressive, heart felt statement made by Marcus Rashford this evening. Transverse on he BBC Sports web page.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57814154