Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Ripoff
In our town we have five Garage Forecourts, all serving fuel, varying in price for Diesel, from, £1.19p to £1.21p per litre, not forgetting the .9 on the end. twitchy
In a town 5.6miles away, that has an Asda forecourt, the price is shown as£1,12p per litre, Asda have shaved 4p off the price of their fuel in the past week, due to the price of oil dropping and the £ increasing in value against the $.
Why can't the money grabbing BPs, SHELLs and ESSOs be as quick to lower their prices as they are to raise them for the slightest reason? arghh
As a result of their greed, I haven't used their fuel in town for two years or more, same when travelling around the country. That's my little protest Tongue
Are you being ripped off?
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
I suppose it's possible a supermarket may reduce fuel prices as a loss leader to entice us into the shop. I don't know - it's just a guess.
All I buy from Asda is Fuel and Malbec TW Banana
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
Win, win, AD.
One of the upsides of living in a more urban area is the larger choice of fuel stations. Dozens around us, including Morrisons, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's. Always a bit off a price war on at the pumps.
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
I like Asda's Policy of setting a Countywide price for their fuels! My local Asda hypermarket are also selling Diesel at £1.12.7 per Litre. That in turn has forced others to copy, but not quite as good!

TF
We have always been ripped off with fuel especially diesel which is cheaper to produce than Petrol. We are laughing here in Austria filled up at local, small town station yesterday €1.025 per litre. (88pence). In Germany yesterday €1.12 per litre (96.5p).
True Dianne, if we all get rid of diesel cars in the UK you will see cheaper Diesel and more tax piled on Petrol, we just can't win! nah
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
We have a BP & an Asda within a mile of each other, the Asda fuel price reflects the movement of the oil price per barrel on the world markets, when oil dropped recently to $46 a barrel Asda dropped the price p/ltr to £1.12, BP increased theirs to £1.23 this is their usual trick, next time I pass they will have dropped it by 2p/p/ltr, they always increase it first thinking we are stupid. I last used a national fuel supplier many years ago & can't see me ever using them again. Shockingly enough my vehicle has always run the same on the cheaper fuel Yay!
HD, I agree, Have used Asda, Esso, BP and Tesco over both long and shorter distances. The only difference was in price. Asda was always the cheapest, then Tesco and then Sainsbury's. We live equidistance between big Tesco's and a Sainsbury's, the latter is always 2p dearer than Tesco. Currently I can fill my 90 litre tank for £3.60 less at Asda than at Sainsbury, Yes, - I drive a total of 2 miles more to get to Asda than I do JS, but that hardly touches my savings.

TF