Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roof light
https://www.bailey-parts.co.uk/product/1160050

It shows as fitting your model and year Nellie but worth speaking with them to double check
H

Living with Parkinson’s and exercising the brain and body to hold it at bay. Static at Flambrough

(07-03-2018, 10:55 PM)ValDa Wrote: Thanks NTH.  We replaced two like that with Mini-Hekis.  Shall I have a look to see if we still have the old ones, which were complete?

That would be great. I'll pm you with my phone number should you want to chat about it.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

(07-03-2018, 10:56 PM)HughR Wrote: https://www.bailey-parts.co.uk/product/1160050

It shows as fitting your model and year Nellie but worth speaking with them to double check

The trouble is that if you look at other rooflights that they have in stock it also shows them as fitting the model & year!! Makes me wonder if they just fit what they had lying around at the time. Big Grin

Hope your repair holds and you can get replacement ASAP. Thought of you as we queued on A64 from Malton to Leeds and it was still snowing ughh hope that’s the last of the snow
H

Living with Parkinson’s and exercising the brain and body to hold it at bay. Static at Flambrough

(08-03-2018, 01:44 PM)HughR Wrote: Hope your repair holds and you can get replacement ASAP. Thought of you as we queued on A64 from Malton to Leeds and it was still snowing ughh hope that’s the last of the snow

Thanks, Hugh. We woke to about an inch of snow at York, and it continued snowing till after 9:30, but it was disappearing as we got ready for the off. By 11:00 all the roads were clear and the pavements a slushy mess. The funny thing was that as we toured York via the ring road there was virtually none to the East of the city and apart from the remnants of last week's snow up on the high ground around Market Weighton there was none at all on our route.

Just to let you know that Bailey have responded with the part number, so all I've to do now is order the new part when we get home....and fit it of course.

(12-03-2018, 10:39 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: Just to let you know that Bailey have responded with the part number, so all I've to do now is order the new part when we get home....and fit it of course.

Good to know nellie you might find it cheaper on lin I should check before you go to a dealer.
I would check online, too NTH. We've found lots of caravan parts on ebay - at much less than the manufacturer's price. Google MPK Clear Domed Rooflight 280 x 280 Dome Only and see what comes up.

Incidentally when we brought our Adria home on Sunday the big rooflight blew up, and we very nearly lost it! We kept being tooted at, and flashed at, and couldn't think why. Some whizz kid should invent a warning system that 'Your rooflight is still up' flashed up somewhere! It did us a favour though, and blew out all the flies which were apparently roosting underneath it, but unfortunately a lot of them ended up inside the caravan!
When you move a caravan these days there are so many Job’s you must do. We have 2 large Heki’s and one small roof light in Bathroom and one in shower. Then there is the fridge turning onto battery and door locked.
TV aerial down. Plus I always check outside each tyre, the legs are up. The lockers secure and lights work.
(13-03-2018, 08:28 AM)ValDa Wrote: I would check online, too NTH.  We've found lots of caravan parts on ebay - at much less than the manufacturer's price.  Google MPK Clear Domed Rooflight 280 x 280 Dome Only and see what comes up.

Incidentally when we brought our Adria home on Sunday the big rooflight blew up, and we very nearly lost it!  We kept being tooted at, and flashed at, and couldn't think why.  Some whizz kid should invent a warning system that 'Your rooflight is still up' flashed up somewhere!  It did us a favour though, and blew out all the flies which were apparently roosting underneath it, but unfortunately a lot of them ended up inside the caravan!

Will do that ValDa. Bailey's have them at about £55 and with the CC's discount that would come down to about £50 I guess. There's one at £33 or so with Leisure Shop, who I'll phone first to check that it's the same part.

You were fortunate that you didn't loose the big rooflight. It would cost a fair bit to replace that even if it had blown off without damaging the roof, or causing a accident.