Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steamer Quay CMC site Totnes
Fancying here for a few nights in May anyone been, i know it’s non EHU but happy to get by on gas and batteries topped up with solar (optimism there I know)
H

Living with Parkinson’s and exercising the brain and body to hold it at bay. Static at Flambrough

Yes, we've been a few times. we like it there Hugh, a pleasant small site and a short stroll from the Dart. If you turn left along the Dart you'll come to a large riverside park, great for dog walks and river side views. There is a quay side there for boats trips to Dartmouth and a café too.
The facilities on site are a bit basic as it's on a lease but they are always clean and well cared for. We find it quite peaceful without electrics, usually a nice atmosphere on the site as people settle down for the night, make sure you have lamps etc for getting around.

Totnes is very interesting, get the local tourist map to find the castle and wells etc, there are lots of nice shops and eateries. There is another park on an island between the site and the town. Good bus services and rail trips. You can do the round robin boat, bus and rail trip from Totnes, look out for the brochures. If you go I hope you enjoy it!
Booked four nights in mid May sounds just the ticket.
H

Living with Parkinson’s and exercising the brain and body to hold it at bay. Static at Flambrough