Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hebrides on the edge!
Earlier on this evening I watched a wildlife programme on BBC2 called "Hebrides on the edge" I tend to watch many of these sort of programmes, but I would say that the photography and subject of this particular programme was the finest that I have ever seen. The sections concerning the re-introduction of the white Tailed Eagle and also that of the puffins was nothing short of spectacular. But even after saying that I feel thatI am being unfair, because the whole programme was outstanding! Basking sharks, seals etc all photographed beautifully. Even Corn Crakes!

TF
Yes we saw it too love those sort of programs it was excellent. Clap
I'm surprised! We have so many naturalist and keen nature film lovers on here, that very few seem to have seen this great programme!

TF
(11-11-2017, 01:56 AM)Tigerfish Wrote: I'm surprised!  We have so many naturalist and keen nature film lovers on here, that very few seem to have seen this great programme!

TF

If we know/remember it’s on we watch it TF, if we don’t-we cant Yep
Thanks for posting that - we'll watch it tonight instead of some of the rubbish which is on. Tonight is a rare Saturday when we're not out somewhere.
So! Did you see it?

TF
Yes, we watched the episode with sea eagles which should have been on BBC on Friday afternoon. Great programme, and as you say, great photography with some very interesting animals, birds and insects.

It was made even better by the fact that yesterday, during the day, we went on a 'Bird of Prey' experience, bought for us as a Christmas present. We learned how to handle birds of prey, how to tie a Falconer's knot, not to stroke a bird because the oil from hands ruins the feathers, and then we got to hold and feed a sea eagle which is an absolutely enormous bird weighing 10.5 pounds. It's a real experience having such a huge bird just inches from your face. There was also a kestrel, barn owl, eagle owl, three Harris hawks, and a griffon vulture called Ruby! Feeding Ruby makes you realise just how strong these birds are, as they pull food from a closed glove. We walked along a very rural bridle way in West Yorkshire, carrying one of the smaller birds on our glove and also to fly the birds and get them flying back to the glove by offering morsels of food. Fabulous day!
Wow! That certainly was a wonderful present. May I ask where the centre was? For future reference. There is one in the Cotswolds but I don't think that it is as good as that one.

TF
(12-11-2017, 10:03 AM)Tigerfish Wrote: Wow!  That certainly was a wonderful present.  May I ask where the centre was?  For future reference.  There is one in the Cotswolds but I don't think that it is as good as that one.

TF

Halifax - Falconry Life. And there were just the two of us........ so it was very personal and friendly.
Just caught the programme on catch up fantastic photography and sound. The eagles were fantastic.
Thanks for the tip Valda hadn't heard of the Falconry Centre at Halifax but put it on the to do list, been to the one at Settle on a school trip (as a helping parent not child......before anyone starts about memory and long ago!!!!) which was really good but yours sounds even better.
H

Living with Parkinson’s and exercising the brain and body to hold it at bay. Static at Flambrough