Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roof light
Nellie, ask Bailey for the part number then google it. It may be much cheaper elsewhere.
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
(07-03-2018, 10:07 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote: Nellie, ask Bailey for the part number then google it. It may be much cheaper elsewhere.

Done that AD. The more I look at the descriptions on line the more confused I get. Will have to wait till tomorrow and the try and talk to someone. There appears to be quite few dealers with different types of roof lights. 'Tis a b***er!! Dodgy
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

(07-03-2018, 10:19 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 10:07 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote: Nellie, ask Bailey for the part number then google it. It may be much cheaper elsewhere.

Done that AD. The more I look at the descriptions on line the more confused I get. Will have to wait till tomorrow and the try and talk to someone. There appears to be quite  few dealers with different types of roof lights. 'Tis a b***er!! Dodgy

'Tis that mate, good luck Yep
I would guess it's a Mini Heki - which is what Bailey fit. Does the dome part look like this: https://www.bailey-parts.co.uk/product/1160016

If so, you may be able to buy it from Ebor Leisure or Leeds Caravans (about equal distance east and west of York) - and if not give Dickinsons in Bradford a ring - they are our local dealer and very helpful. Or when you move to Cottingham you could try Wandahome at South Cave
(07-03-2018, 10:23 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 10:19 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:

Done that AD. The more I look at the descriptions on line the more confused I get. Will have to wait till tomorrow and the try and talk to someone. There appears to be quite  few dealers with different types of roof lights. 'Tis a b***er!! Dodgy

'Tis that mate, good luck Yep

Cheers. Just hope that the tape holds till we get a replacement. As we're going to be right beside the Swift factory, I wonder if they'll have a spares shop. The unit might just be a generic one.

With a bit of luck you may be lucky Nellie, Gaffer tape is good though, trouble is it leaves marks.
NTH - does your rooflight look like this one (which is fitted to Bailey and to Swifts ) if so you're right it's a generic part and made by the same manufacturer who makes the larger rooflights.

[Image: Mini_Heki.jpg]
(07-03-2018, 10:44 PM)ValDa Wrote: NTH - does your rooflight look like this one (which is fitted to Bailey and to Swifts )  if so you're right it's a generic part and made by the same manufacturer who makes the larger rooflights.

[Image: Mini_Heki.jpg]

No ValDa, I think that it's like this...https://www.bailey-parts.co.uk/product/1160050.... but I need to make sure before ordering a new part from whoever. It has 2 handles that push up and allows the rooflight to be opened straight up, back, front or to either side.

(07-03-2018, 10:33 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote: With a bit of luck you may be lucky Nellie, Gaffer tape is good though, trouble is it leaves marks.

Marks are no problem as I've taped the polythene outside over the internal part of the unit which is now in the closed position. The framework is all screwed down and I hope water tight.

Thanks NTH. We replaced two like that with Mini-Hekis. Shall I have a look to see if we still have the old ones, which were complete?