Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clumber Park
Our Welsh friends are travelling from Cardiff to Scarborough in the summer.and asked me for a good stop off.
I suggested Clumber Park CAMC, as it looks about half way for them. Can anyone advise as to wether or not it's a good suggestion? Not been there myself, but have seen members talking fondly of the site.
Thanks in anticipation Yep
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
It seems very popular AD

Not stayed there myself - but have added the club video at at the bottom of the Forum main page which gives some info

Bugs
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Thanks Bugs thumbup
We've spent a couple of nights there, nice walks. A few security issues with bikes, no mobile reception, don't know if this has improved since our visit. We used Poolsbrook as a stop off the next time, another nice site.
Thanks Rosa, didn't know of the security issues, I also mentioned Poolsbrook to them.
AD, it depends on which route they intend to use. Clumber is very easy to get to off the A1, but may be well off their chosen route. Poolsbrook or the C&CC's Teversal site are nearer the M1 around Chesterfield area, although both are a bit harder to get to.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

Clumber Park is lovely, but Site does have security issues, as its unfenced and there is a less than salubrious housing estate not far away as the thief flies! Bikes must be locked up, and don't leave anything but bare minimum outside is our advice. Easy access off A1.
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
Thanks all, for your comments, friends have now decided to go up to Hawes and then across Yorkshire, with one more stop before arriving at Scarborough.

Can't go wrong touring Gods County, I said Yep
(13-03-2018, 09:00 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote: Thanks all, for your comments, friends have now decided to go up to Hawes and then across Yorkshire, with one more stop before arriving at Scarborough.

Just let them know to use the route in the book ie through Ingleborough, and not try crossing from the M6 through Sedburgh even if they are in a M/H.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

(13-03-2018, 09:07 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
(13-03-2018, 09:00 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote: Thanks all, for your comments, friends have now decided to go up to Hawes and then across Yorkshire, with one more stop before arriving at Scarborough.

Just let them know to use the route in the book ie through Ingleborough, and not try crossing from the M6 through Sedburgh even if they are in a M/H.

I can personally recommend not using that route Nellie, we have a small M'home (5.65m) and I've always said that anywhere a bus can go, we can go thumbup Once is enough though, what gave me the courage to do it, despite the large warnings, was the sight of a caravan coming the other way Gasp