Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footy Chat
(24-06-2019, 08:25 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: What now for Newcastle now that Rafa has decided to go? Will the take over come off, who will be the new manager, and will he be able to keep them in the Premiership?
Plenty for you to ponder there, Bugs.

As we've said for the last 12 long years NTH, the problem is Mike Ashley

Rafa is adored here - we knew we had one of the top managers in world football, he loved it here, saw the potential and knew exactly what was needed to take us onwards and upwards.

Given that backdrop, and the massive potential of this club, how many owners would starve him of the resources he needed, not allow him to manage and finally drive him out? 

Only Ashley.

Our fans are furious (see twitter!) and season tickets are being cancelled etc

As Sir Kevin Keegan said a few years ago (and our fans know it only too well):

[Image: ashleykeegan.jpg]
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
It’s so sad Bugs the club and its supporters deserve so much more
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Good Luck to Wales tonight versus Finland, we need a draw to be certain of moving into the higher echelons in 2021, I hope Bale is fit as he embraced an Ireland player who is a teammate at Spurs at the end of the game who tested positive for Covid
Each day I open the sports app and hope to find news of the future of Slaven Bilic, as we, the Baggies need a change I'm afraid, but WBA will dither as usual and won't do anything and get relegated just like every time we get to the Premiership, one season and down we go, I think WBA survive financially with all the parachute payments they have had over the years.
Admiral, those problems pale into insignificance when compared to mine. The DCOS and I have long been Yeovil Town supporters. A few years ago they were in the Championship League then the slide started.
Relegated to the first Div, then the second, then out. Of the league all together into the National Leagy and now they’re at the very bottom of that!
They have one of the best modern stadiums but no ability to win games!
As I said - And you think that you’ve got problems !

TF
When I lived in Surrey, I had an office in Ilminster,at the time I had a season ticket with Woking also in the Conference, now National, I often went to Huish Park with colleagues for any mid-week games when I stayed down there.

We had a friendly bet, who would be the first to reach the big time Division 2, I lost e
4)very Saturday I look for the results this is the order.
1) WBA
2) Woking
3) Swanssea City
4) Yeovil as i do have a soft spot for Yeovil

Our watering hole was The Three Choughs, do you remember that pub, not sure if it's still there
Yes I know the 3 Chough's very well. My sister had her wedding reception there in the 60's. I think it is still there.

Interested that you had an office in Ilminster, I was Posted to Ilminster Police station 1970 - 1973.

TF
Israel were very poor last night but still managed to beat the dreadful performance of Scotland 1-0. Scotland was absolutely diabolical, their passing was rubbish and positional play was crap, they missed so many chances because there was nobody to collect passes. There was no passion or determination to win from the Scottish team.
A dog is for life . Not just for Christmas
(19-11-2020, 02:53 PM)bessacarr425 Wrote: Israel were very poor last night but still managed to beat the dreadful performance of Scotland 1-0.    Scotland was absolutely diabolical, their passing was rubbish and positional play was crap, they missed so many chances because there was nobody to collect passes.  There was no passion or determination to win from the Scottish team.

Back to normal then bessie whistle
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
(19-11-2020, 01:12 PM)Tigerfish Wrote: Yes I know the 3 Chough's very well. My sister had her wedding reception there in the 60's. I think it is still there.

Interested that you had an office in Ilminster, I was Posted to Ilminster Police station 1970 - 1973.

TF

At Ilminster 1990 to 1998/9, great people in that neck of the woods, made me very welcome