Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footy Chat
Come on Man City!

We arab clubs need to stick together

Yes
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Good win for us today go to go all the way to the end of the season
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

And Newcastle go marching on!! Must be just about safe from the drop now, bugs, or is it still too early to call?
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

(10-03-2022, 10:55 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: And Newcastle go marching on!! Must be just about safe from the drop now, bugs, or is it still too early to call?

Probably still a bit early Nellie - no-one has ever stayed up with 31 points, but there is indeed hope and optimism given that we still have 11 games to play and one win and a couple of draws from that would probably see us OK.

We were 4 points adrift of safety after the 4-0 drubbing from Man City in December but the turnaround since then has been remarkable. Unbeaten in nine games with most of them wins. Only ourselves and Liverpool are unbeaten in 2022 - although our record in that respect will be severely tested on Sunday when we play Chelsea.

Personally, I put the improvement down to Eddie Howe improving the squad's fitness and giving the team structure, organisation and tactics - all of the things Steve Bruce didn't do. The players know what their jobs are and confidence is high thanks to our success on the pitch and Eddie's man-management. Added to that, the signings in January to plug areas of weakness have greatly contributed.

The team now looking most likely to join Norwich and Watford in relegation are sadly Leeds United - who I have a soft spot for as they were one of the great teams during my youth. I'll also be sad to see Norwich go down as they always try to play the game the right way - but they'll be back!

Bugs
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
I for one won't be sorry to see Leeds go down as I've never been a fan of them, along with West Ham after they cheated Sheffield from remaining in the Premiership.
Will be sorry to see Norwich to go down, as I'm sure they will, as they always seem to try to play fair football. I guess OP won't be too pleased either.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

At least with Norwich they will probably bounce straight back up if history is anything to go by!

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Interesting to look at this table

2022 - matches played since 1st January….

[Image: 3-D796350-ABB0-4-E5-F-A244-1-F18464-E7-FEF.jpg]
[Image: 229-A489-A-FABD-48-E9-8-F1-A-E19-D9-EEFF073.jpg]
(11-03-2022, 07:50 PM)Bugs Wrote: Interesting to look at this table

2022 - matches played since 1st January….

[Image: 3-D796350-ABB0-4-E5-F-A244-1-F18464-E7-FEF.jpg]

Let’s hope you keep it up a while longer and get those 40 points for safety!

Hope Newcastle have another good game Bugs