Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations for Pembrokeshire sites please
Our DIL has just rung and said that they are thinking of coming over from N. Ireland beginning of July and considering Wales, possibly Pembrokeshire.  Would we like to join them and take the caravan? (they will be renting a cottage).  Has anyone got any recommendations for sites in that area?  Knowing our son and his family this could all change of course. Rolleyes I would just like to have a few areas to suggest to them when they come and stay with us this week so we can narrow things down.
Retirement is relentless. Rolleyes
I think TF's your man for that, Millie. See 'Down your way'.
Years ago we stayed on a lovely Caravan site at Little Haven, beautiful place. It might be called South Cockett Farm, much more posh nowadays I think. Location was lovely. Freshwater East is a nice Cub Site as well, close to beach.
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
We are off to Pembrokeshire in May this year. Haven't decided exactly where to stay yet but could be just outside St David's
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
(11-02-2017, 08:59 PM)Takethedogalong Wrote: Years ago we stayed on a lovely Caravan site at Little Haven, beautiful place. It might be called South Cockett Farm, much more posh nowadays I think. Location was lovely.  Freshwater East is a nice Cub Site as well, close to beach.

We have just looked at Freshwater East NTH and thought it looked a nice site.
(11-02-2017, 08:56 PM)Tinwheeler Wrote: I think TF's your man for that, Millie. See 'Down your way'.

Thanks Tinny, I will have a look. 
St David's is a good base, we've stayed near there lots of times, several sites nearby. Caerfai Bay is within walking distance. We've also stayed near Abereiddy (the C&CC site) a bit further out, there are some lovely villages and harbours. Abereiddy has a nice family beach, also the big beach at Whitesands and the CC site nearby. Lots of nice CLs too. It's beautiful over near Marloes, the whole coast is a big attraction from Tenby all the way round.
A very good CL is Hillcroft, comes under Kilgetty in the CC handbook. Very friendly owners, all HS pitches, toilet and shower for £13 a night when we visited, might be more now. Close to Tenby and Saundersfoot. Worth a look! Smile
You don't have to a have a dog in your life - but it certainly helps!
Thanks for info
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
Thanks moulesy. Will have a look.