Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Personality of the Year!
Almost upon us again! Some good candidates this year, some stunning individual performances, some quiet slow burners building up to sustained long term dominance at the very top of gruelling seasons. Who would I like to win?

Lizzie Armistead, nuff said! Clap Clap Clap
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
I've just googled the list and there are seven people on it who I did not know who they were!

I object to the BBC restricting the list of who we can vote for - apparently so they can add names from sports that most people don't watch.

I think we should be allowed to nominate people - and thereby vote for who we know and who we think deserves it.

How can someone be a "Sports Personality" if most people in the country don't know who they are?  Huh

From the restricted list, I would vote for Andy Murray

Wink
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Totally agree Bugs, should be an opportunity for all. I haven't checked out restricted list, but bet I can guess a lot who will be on there. I think they got blasted last year for too few female candidates. Personally i liked it best when anyone, or indeed anything could win, Red Rum being a memorable winner! Yay!

Desert Orchid and Kauto Star would have got my votes!
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
Adam Peaty for me. It's about time our swimmers got some recognition and he does have a personality unlike others on the list

The rest are either over exposed or irritating or both
Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be  
I do note that there isn't a footballer on the list!! Wonder why? whistle Perhaps that's why Bugs' isn't familar with most of the contenders. 7
(01-12-2015, 03:34 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: I do note that there isn't a footballer on the list!! Wonder why?  whistle  Perhaps that's why Bugs' isn't familar with most of the contenders. 7

Big Grin

I do follow other sports y'know....

Ladies Beach Volleyball, for example - fantastic watching the various tactics they employ  Angel
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
(01-12-2015, 03:34 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: I do note that there isn't a footballer on the list!! Wonder why?  whistle  Perhaps that's why Bugs' isn't familar with most of the contenders. 7

Ahem - Lucy Bronze
Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be  
(01-12-2015, 03:45 PM)JayEss Wrote:

Ahem - Lucy Bronze

That was one of my seven* I'd never heard of before........

With a name like that, she'll probably finish 3rd  Yay!

* It was almost 8 - if it wasn't for the "Quorn mint" advert I wouldn't have known the skinny little lad who looks like he needs a good meal
I think all the recent controversy around athletics will count against the skinny lad unfortunately - he's probably got the best achievements over the past 3 years but "no smoke without ..." etc etc.

Since it's become a Sports Achievement rather than Personality award, t's got to be the bulky Scottish British tennis star hasn't it? Wink
You don't have to a have a dog in your life - but it certainly helps!
I vote for Andy Murray it is a wonderful achievement after 79 years for a Brit to win the Davies Cup. thumbup
For info on Touring in Europe go to http://www.joysofeuropeancaravanning.co.uk