Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camping Wertheim, Bettingen, Near Wurzburg.
This Site was ideal for seeing Wurzburg.

CAMPING WERTHEIM, Bettingen, Nr Wurzburg. http://www.campingpark-wertheim-bettinge...essum.html    ACSI CC Accepted.

We have been past Wurzburg many times and have always intended visiting it but never got there, this year we did.  I must admit I was a bit disappointed it was not like I thought it would be at all.

The site was lovely though.  The first entrance you come to is really for the overnight Dutch again but we pulled in there, liked the open field and set up on the edge at about 3 pm.  4 pm and in they all came right up to 7 pm.  They parked in all directions, which did look a jumble, but it amused us.  If we had gone into the second entrance we would have been down by the River but it was quite full.  The Toilets, Showers and Restaurant plus office was there at that entrance so after booking in we did not go back there again, other than fetching the rolls in the morning.it was a long walk to the Showers and Loo's so used our own facilities.

We stayed 1 night and enjoyed it. A word of caution though, if you're staying on the first Saturday in September (as we did) you need to be a party animal as this is, apparently, the date of a local holiday / festival.. There was an oompah band on site and outside bar / servery etc and festivities went on until the early hours ;-)
----------
Cheers

Brian