Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tent Owners Satisfaction Survey Results
Tent brands Quechua, Cabanon, Outwell and Karsten topped the league tables in The Camping and Caravanning Club’s first ever Tent Owner Satisfaction Awards at a prestigious ceremony on 22 February 2016.

The awards scheme, sponsored by Club Care Camping Insurance, was based on a survey of Club members and other campers from July to October 2015.

Full Article - Click Here:
http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/2016/02/25...announced/
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Very interesting. We have owned two quality tents, a Coleman ridge tent, spent years using this in all weathers. Replaced it with a superb Vango, has stood up to all sorts of weather and storms, last used in a full on thunderstorm at an off road meet!
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
Our last tent was a Khyam. We started with a Coleman which was less than useless and were considering a Vango until a trip to Shell island when the only tents left standing were Khyam rigidomes. I watched one of those massive Outwell tunnel tents blowing down the hill that morning

In retrospect I wish we hadn't bought the Khyam as we'd have packed up and left Cornwall long before the two weeks was up. Sadly the Khyam stood up to it all
Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be  
We still have our 6 Berth Coleman ridge tent in the loft!!! We really musty get round to disposing of it1
Riggers - 2020 Swift Celebrate Super QEB & 2019 Volvo S90.

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Give it to a charity, sure someone like Red Cross could use it if all bits are intact?
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
I got a 12'x15' tent formerly used by the British Army when we went to many of the 4x4 vehicle shows. Still gets turned out for garden parties, barbecues, etc but I dont seem to be able to fit the canvas single handed any more. Maybe I have shrunk a bit over the years?
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
I reckon that must be weighty, Nav!

To be content with the decisions you’ve made, the lifestyle you lead and the friends you have is success beyond measure.
Sounds a touch on the heavy side that one Nav! Does it have a built in groundsheet?
We went to Go Outdoors this afternoon to buy walking clothing. While we were there we spent time looking at the tent display. Brought back many memories.  Being retired Im a bit too old to enjoy the pleasures of life under canvas, but have to admit it does have it's attractions.
A dog is for life . Not just for Christmas
Heavy, no groundsheet but mud walls you bury in the ground, storm guys you can tow a car with, and steel pegs with a 7lb hammer. I think the designer must have been caught in bad weather at some time. We would pitch smaller tents inside which was very snug indeed.
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.