Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CL (Certified Location) Video's
I think the Video's on the CL's at the bottom left hand corner of the Home Page is excellent will it be there
Permanently Bugs?   Hope so.
Thanks to all who came to my rescue regarding the CL videos post on CT - I sense that al lot of those who helped are also members of this forum - practical and moral support much appreciated.

Ian Kelly

01691 622951
Holiday@BirchHill.co.uk

Birch Hill, The Cross, Ellesmere, Shropshire, SY12 0LP
www.BirchHill.co.uk
CL Number 1243 in the 2023/24 CAMC Sites Directory
(20-03-2016, 12:32 AM)BirchHillFarmCL Wrote: Thanks to all who came to my rescue regarding the CL videos post on CT - I sense that al lot of those who helped are also members of this forum - practical and moral support much appreciated.

You're very welcome, Ian. I tried to word my last post in such a way that it may make moaners or others feel foolish if they try to have it unstuck. We can but try. 

I guess one certain poster won't be too welcome on your site again. Yay!
We can't please all of the people all of the time.  Different people want different things from a CL and there is no one-size-fits-all.  

Likewise, we as CL Owners don't always get things right - we are only human.  CLs are often run in our (limited) spare time and other things sometimes have to take priority over mowing the grass - day-jobs, hospital appointments, family-time, and we sometimes go away on our own holidays.  

I like to compare the running of CLs with B & Bs and and compare larger 'commercial' caravan sites with running hotels.  The expectations are subtly different - we are welcoming you to our home and are appreciative of happy guests.

In the nature of most Social Media user-names, I don't know who the 'poster with the problem' really was, but I was heartened by the large and rapid response from the many people who had enjoyed their holidays at Birch Hill.  

Thank you.

Ian Kelly

01691 622951
Holiday@BirchHill.co.uk

Birch Hill, The Cross, Ellesmere, Shropshire, SY12 0LP
www.BirchHill.co.uk
CL Number 1243 in the 2023/24 CAMC Sites Directory
Ian, I'm glad you see life with an open & logical mind. We have all witnessed the odd types who post, mainly the vociferous ones who will never be pleased at what is on offer from any service industry their whole raison d'etre seems to be to put down & find fault, sad but true. Thankfully the honest ones & supporters far outweigh the moaners. Enjoy your day.
(20-03-2016, 08:35 AM)BirchHillFarmCL Wrote: We can't please all of the people all of the time.  Different people want different things from a CL and there is no one-size-fits-all.  

Likewise, we as CL Owners don't always get things right - we are only human.  CLs are often run in our (limited) spare time and other things sometimes have to take priority over mowing the grass - day-jobs, hospital appointments, family-time, and we sometimes go away on our own holidays.  

I like to compare the running of CLs with B & Bs and and compare larger 'commercial' caravan sites with running hotels.  The expectations are subtly different - we are welcoming you to our home and are appreciative of happy guests.

In the nature of most Social Media user-names, I don't know who the 'poster with the problem' really was, but I was heartened by the large and rapid response from the many people who had enjoyed their holidays at Birch Hill.  

Thank you.

Ian
Well said, hit the nail on the head.  Clap
It was an unpleasant and completely unwarranted attack and one which I couldn't leave unchallenged.

I think you've got the right attitude Ian and the reviews and awards show you are getting it right
Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be  
For the benefit of our members who might be scratching their heads wondering what this discussion is about!!

The above comments are about an exchange on another forum - the Caravan Club's "Club Together" Forum, which a number of our Caravanchat members also frequent.

Cheers
Bugs
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
It was unwarranted Ian, I usually get told off for calling someone an 'idiot' whistle but believe me it was tame compared to what I really thought. Angel
-------------------------------------------------------------
OUR TRAVELS: http://trailsandways.weebly.com/
(20-03-2016, 10:20 AM)Bugs Wrote: For the benefit of our members who might be scratching their heads wondering what this discussion is about!!

The above comments are about an exchange on another forum - the Caravan Club's "Club Together" Forum, which a number of our Caravanchat members also frequent.

Cheers
Bugs

Thanks Bugs. For a while there I thought I was in a parallel universe!