Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touring Abroad
Whether you are thinking of taking your caravan or motorhome abroad and want to ask questions or you have experiences to share - please post them here!
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
My husband and I though we have been caravanning for over 40 years did not venture abroad till 2004. Since then we have not looked back and travelled to 14 different European Countries and have enjoyed our experiences very much. If any one has any questions about Europe please ask I will be pleased to try and help.
After 11 Trips and having visited Austria and Germany every year and been visiting them for for the past 35 years by car we know a fair amount about them. We enjoyed Eastern Europe and have had some lovely trips in Italy right down to the heel. We pop into Italy every year when in Southern Austria and into Slovenia too both within half an hours drive from our Campsite on the Ossiachersee.
We were introduced to ACSI in 2004 by being given a Book and Card on a campsite in Italy it was the first year of the Camping Card and we have bought one every year since it is invaluable if touring in Europe off season.
For any one who has booked a passage on Eurotunnel, through the Tunnel Booking Office or Caravan Club, travelling after 1st April 2015 you now have to fill in a Form, on line, with details of Passports for all persons travelling in your Vehicle. Here is the website http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/advance-pas...formation/

At present this is only Eurotunnel the Ferries will be complying at a future date to be announced

Dianne T
I'm sure that lots of you on here will already be using the Campsite POI's website - Archie's Camping - (can't find a way to post a proper link) http://www.archiescampings.eu/ - which contains POI's for more than 30,000 campsites throughout Britain and Europe, and additional information about Camping Cheque sites, ACSI Camping Card sites, and supermarkets and other POI's. It's a very useful resource for anyone who has a SatNav as the files can be downloaded in a format to suit almost every type of SatNav (apart from our Ford Mondeo!!!).

Updates are done regularly, feedback from users is noted, and I usually announce updates on all the camping and caravanning forums. An update is due in the next week or two, so anyone who is interested leave the download until the updates have been done. Many site details have been corrected, and lots more smaller sites added.
We too have discovered the joys of caravaning in Europe over the last 5 years we visited Venice last year from Austria we went over the Dolomite mountains now that was a hairaising ride but fantastic scenery.
We are undecided where to go this year any suggestions ?
Hi mikalos Welcome to Caravan Chat. Why not travel through Belgium ,Germany and into Austria that way lovely places to visit in Germany and Austria. We stay 6 weeks in Southern Austria where we visit Italy and Slovenia for the day and tour the Mountains Passes. Lovely area Mountains and Lakes have a look on my website at our last Trip 2015 might give you some ideas. Please ask if you want more info
DianneT
(13-03-2015, 11:36 AM)DianneT Wrote: Hi mikalos Welcome to Caravan Chat.  Why not travel through  Belgium ,Germany and into Austria that way lovely places to visit in Germany and Austria.  We stay 6 weeks in Southern Austria where we visit Italy and Slovenia for the day and tour the Mountains Passes.  Lovely area Mountains and Lakes have a look on my website at our last Trip 2015 might give you some ideas. Please ask if you want more info
DianneT

Hi Dianne,
Yes we did this last year from Dunkirk to Belgium then Luxembourg then went to Dachau to Austria then to Venice all in three weeks 
looking at the other side of France this year around St Nazaire area.
I have looked at your site before Dianne its very interesting.
Mike