Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bavarian Kur and Sports Camp. Nr, Passau.
BAVARIA KUR & SPORT CAMP, **** Egging am See,  Nr Passau, GERMANY. [url=http://www.bavaria-camping.de/][/url]www.bavaria-camping.de   ACSI CC Accepted.

First time for us in this part of Germany I have always wanted to visit Passau so this year we did it and were not disappointed.
The site was a few miles from Passau, but situated in rural area which was very pleasant. Passau itself is a very pleasant town, parking was easy and cheap.  The shops were good and varied and plenty of cafe's and restaurants.  On strolling down to the river we found the Kristallschiff moored up and loading with passengers for the early afternoon cruise and it was packed with passengers. This boat looked superb done out in thousands of Swarovski Crystals.  We enquired about price etc and were told the best sailing to go on is the first of the day not being so crowded and lasting 15 minutes longer than those later on in the day.  So next day we did the trip which was most enjoyable the boat was something else, could not believe the amount of crystals and it was like a 5 star hotel.  Most of the boat had plush seating where coffee, cakes and light refreshments were served by waitresses.  Going up the river it was unusual that you were travelling between two countries, Germany and Austria after you left Passau.  I cannot remember the prices at the moment but will add them when I find them,but I know it was very  reasonable.

[b][i]The site itself was quite pleasant but got very busy and crowded between 4 pm and 10 am when all the Dutch called in for the night en route South.  The pitches were quite small and difficult to get onto because the site roads were very narrow.  The Restaurant was very good as were the Toilets and Showers.  Free wifi was obtainable adjacent to the Reception.  Satellite Television was easy to set up.
[/i][/b]

http://www.donauschiffarht.de
Review coming this evening