Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cadac tips ?
At face value you would appear to get a Cadac Carrie Chef sized barbecue for Cadac Safari price! The down side is that it doesn't appear as versatile as the Cadac as you don't get the various plates. I suppose it depends what you want to use it for. Personally I love our Cadac it does what we want well, takes about two minutes to set up and stores away to go under the seat in our side dinette. Ours is a three years old now and has been trouble free.

At £100 cheaper than the comparably sized Cadac it would appear to be a good buy if you just want to grill/barbecue. Others will no doubt be along to comment on other alternatives
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Thanks Riggers, yes I've looked for any spares/add ons available, but can't find any.
Shame, as I do like the look and size, which is the same as the Cadac, but obviously not as versatile.
I'll try some other searches and report back on any findings.
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
Well have decided against it as I can't find any "add ons" to make it as versatile as the Cadac nah

They have also increased the price by £40+. One to steer clear of, I fear Tut
I will keep my eye open for alternatives for you at the Caravan show in Manchester on Friday - if I see anything will let you know
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Thanks very much Riggers, you are a gent, even if you support City whistle
Thought I'd resurrect this thread, having done some experimenting with my Safari Chef over the summer, with the aid of an infra-red thermometer..

What I've found is, it's best to turn the control knob on 1 full turn to fire it up and then turn it back, so the control knob is at 1/2 a turn (180Deg) from off. This will give you a temperature on the griddle plate of around 120-150deg, roughly the same as a normal frying pan on a hot grill (ie good for burgers, too hot for frying eggs). Much less than that and you're in danger of the flame going out. You can turn the temperature up quite a bit from there if wanted; I found that 4 full turns got me a temperature of 300+degrees - enough to do a pizza.

HTH
----------
Cheers

Brian