Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympics 2016
Please can we have a sub section for duration of Games? I will kick off interesting things by mentioning the Refugee Olympic Team, first time it has ever happened, athletes in need of a team allowed to perform under Olympic Flag. Some heartrending stories behind their getting to the Games. Sadly a product of global events. I am no lover of the Olympic committees, a by word for bad decision making and corruption, but this is at least one thing that is a good idea. Whatever the politics, the gross spending, I enjoy it for the dedication of the athletes, the hard work and grind that goes into each performance.

Roll on the events now, if like me you love most sports, then it will be a good three weeks, a chance to watch some more unusual sports, cheer on Team GB. (Yep, I can even watch Dressage and Synchro Swimming! Although I won't be watching the Golf!) If you don't, then grit your teeth, it will soon be over!
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
Consider it done!

thumbup
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Where did the last 4 years go?
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
I only watch swimming. Synchro too but not the diving.

I may occasionally watch gymnastics.
Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be  
I like the ladies beach volleyball

The skill and tactics involved are amazing

I can watch it all day

thumbup
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Will probably watch the rowing, some track events, cycling and diving, depends if team GB are in with a chance.
Mr Ess likes the volleyball Bugs and he agrees with you completely. He thinks it will look better in Rio than London. Smile

I only watch the swimming to pick up tips on style. The underwater footage is usually very useful. Better in the men's events I find. Smile

I'm not interested in the medals or team GB really.
Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be  
Just watching Road Race snaking through some fabulous scenery, long hard race in front of them. No radios, small teams, extremely challenging course, with big inclines and dangerous descents! Wouldn't want to call this one at all! Very different to watching Tours.

Gymnastics later!
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
I watch the gymnastics because Louis Smith is our local lad.  Used to live in the same village as my daughter.  She was very disappointed that he didn't get an individual gold in 2014 because she wanted a gold post box in the village LoL
Retirement is relentless. Rolleyes
He is always enthralling to watch! Got his work cut out though this time, favourite is other GB gymnast, Max Whitlock. Got a very complicated routine, higher tariff I think. But I will be cheering Loius on as well!