Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camper Calling Festival
Not a site review as such but in case anyone fancies a fairly gentle festival I thought this may be useful

Website here http://www.campercalling.com

This event was at Ragley Hall over the August bank holiday weekend (not the Monday - the site had to be cleared by 6pm on the Sunday)

It's the first festival by the team that put on Camper Jam and although there were plenty of iconic busses on display, the camping areas were full of a variety of units. Billed as a family friendly festival and it was. Entry included House tours as well as access to Ragley Hall's grounds and play areas and kayaks and water activities were free for wristband holders. There were two stages with some well known and not so well known acts, workshops, a fairground, circus tent, there was something for everyone really.

Organisation was superb with staff keeping a constant eye on things. The portaloos were kept immaculate and access to water was fine. There were plenty of food outlets and bars but no restriction on bringing your own food and reasonable amounts of alcohol either. Noise curfew at a sensible hour but the camping fields were big enough to find a spot away from the action. In fact most of the grounds were divided up into three massive camping areas so there was no problem finding a decent spot. Pitches are not laid out - you find a spot and pitch up. It means you can keep space for friends but they may struggle getting to you. It sounds chaotic but it works pretty well.

I didn't manage to try the campfire cookery and foraging workshops so I'll just have to go next year Smile
Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be  
Sounds lovely Jay, very interesting. We go to something called Jeep Fest each year, which basically involves lots of folks with Jeeps, getting muddy, getting stuck, but has a few stalls, a good evenings entertainment and lots of folks all getting on smashing in tents and vans. Superb atmosphere, especially if someone smacks up their vehicle badly and the race is on to get it fixed in time for next day, all hands and spares are to the fore! It's a fundraiser for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance as well, so a good cause.

Yours sounds a bit larger, bit more to see and do though! Smile
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
Jeep fest sounds like our sort of thing TDA despite not having a jeep
It's main feature is.....mud! Held at Tong off road course, near Bradford. The Sunday is open to all 4x4s, not just Jeeps.  I like it 'cos I can just chill out while OH gets to play for hours on end, but some nice camp fire chats and nice people. Very children friendly as well, and off course they just love seeing Dad get stuck! Lots of kite flying, model car racing etc.... Lots of Dutch visitors come across, they love their Jeeps!
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
Let me know when it's on TDA and I'll see if we can make it. OH won't be able to run his 4x4 round and mine's too new but you never know what might turn up
Usually July. Not sure on next year date yet. Yep