Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crofton Hall CL nr Carlisle, Cumbria
We have just had our first short break since the loss of Sheba our much loved dog, boy would she have enjoyed this place.

Crofton Hall CL (certificated location....CC members only)

A fantastic site within the walled garden of the old hall, 5 pitches only each with own water supply, waste and chemical disposal point in top corner of site.Superb toilet and showers block a short walk through a door and towards the old buildings, this accessed through a door code given when you book. Two loo's and 4 showers well thought out and very clean during our stay. Loads of space and wildlife a plenty.
Claire visited us for outstanding amount and was very chatty and helpful without being in your face, and very welcoming.
Location close to coast and Lakes, nearby villages have shops and supplies if needed. Good walks from the site, and again wildlife galore.
Very good value at £15 a night, and we loved it, a good start to life without Sheba, though very emotional at times.

[Image: DSC_0587_zpsc2fjhiph.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0589_zpsgqrs3qva.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0608_zpsofgg26aq.jpg]
H

Living with Parkinson’s and exercising the brain and body to hold it at bay. Static at Flambrough

Hi Hugh

Glad the weekend went well as I know what the first trip without a four legged friend is like. You will always have the memories especially at sites you have been to before. The secret is learning to enjoy the memories and smile at the good times.

Looks a great CL - must add it to our list of future possible.
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

This looks really good, I think it will go on our weekend list as we are only 1 1/2 hours away. Thanks for this one
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room  Cool
Thanks for an excellent review.
If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
There are some real gems out there amongst the Caravan Club CLs and the Camping & Caravanning Club's CS network.

Looks like you've found one of them here!
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny