Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very old photo
(21-11-2016, 04:08 PM)Happydaze Wrote: Wow, what an interesting story Dianne & a Father who had a head full of knowledge & ideas. I enjoyed reading that-thankyou Yep

Thanks glad you enjoyed reading it when the Add image to post link comes back to life I do have a photo of the Camera and the Write Up in the Local Kettering Paper to post. 
This is the Story published in the local paper March 1949.

[Image: IMG_4234.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4235.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4236.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4237.jpg]

free

upload
What memories that contains for you, Dianne. Your Dad was some clever man.

Incidentally, that paper is dated 3 days before I was born.
(21-11-2016, 07:40 PM)Tinwheeler Wrote: What memories that contains for you, Dianne. Your Dad was some clever man.

Incidentally, that paper is dated 3 days before I was born.

It shows how old I am as I use to sit on a stool in the workshop and hand him tools and bits. Photo below is of the front view standing on the royal blue velvet lined case he made for it. In this photo the cassette is the. smaller one.

The clock was an electrical input clock and worked off batteries connected to the electricity to charge it.

When he cut the brass gears on one when he got to the end was half a tooth out and he had to start again. This was before I was born. The clock stands on the landing now but alas is not working due to us not having Dads ability to run it. The batteries are long gone and if it did work now it would be off the mains. My son is to inherit it.
[Image: IMG_4228.jpg]

free

upload
Amazing. I'm lost for words.
Simply stunning, lost in admiration for your dad and his peers of yesteryear who just got on and did it
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
What a wonderful set of articles Dianne. He must have been an amazing engineer - you are right to be very proud of him thumbup
My blog of our travels with & without the caravan: http://v2.travelark.org/traveller/blackpoolbelle