Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mount Snowdon
I wondered if it was feasible for the party to split. Some of you walking with Alfie and some going by train but I suspect that's not on.

To be content with the decisions you’ve made, the lifestyle you lead and the friends you have is success beyond measure.
The thought did enter my head TW, but you know what grannies are like with their young grandsons, very protective, even at fourteen she wouldn't let them go up a mountain on their own. They would love it though.
I gave my dog love..... And he became my friend for life   Cool
Much as I thought. You need another adult to accompany them.

To be content with the decisions you’ve made, the lifestyle you lead and the friends you have is success beyond measure.
Yes TW, mores the pity, will overcome though.
I gave my dog love..... And he became my friend for life   Cool
I've only ever done Snowdon once and that was the hard way. Our walking group did all the Welsh 3000ft peaks in a day, starting walking at 5:30 in the morning and finishing on the top of Snowdon at about 10:30 at night, having ascended the hill via Crib Gogh. We then had to descend in the dark.....it was quite a day!! Dodgy
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!

(11-02-2017, 09:46 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: I've only ever done Snowdon once and that was the hard way. Our walking group did all the Welsh 3000ft peaks in a day, starting walking at 5:30 in the morning and finishing on the top of Snowdon at about 10:30 at night, having ascended the hill via Crib Gogh. We then had to descend in the dark.....it was quite a day!! Dodgy

Good Lord! However were you still walking at the end of that? Quite a feat rubeye Hope you solve your dilemaa, AD.
My blog of our travels with & without the caravan: http://v2.travelark.org/traveller/blackpoolbelle  

(11-02-2017, 09:49 PM)Blackpool Belle Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 09:46 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: I've only ever done Snowdon once and that was the hard way. Our walking group did all the Welsh 3000ft peaks in a day, starting walking at 5:30 in the morning and finishing on the top of Snowdon at about 10:30 at night, having ascended the hill via Crib Gogh. We then had to descend in the dark.....it was quite a day!! Dodgy

Good Lord! However were you still walking at the end of that? Quite a feat rubeye Hope you solve your dilemaa, AD.

BB, It's known as the 14 peak challenge, although there are 15 peaks above the 3000ft height. The total length of the walk is about 30 mls, 24 mls from first top to last plus the getting up and back down. There were about a dozen of us on the walk, a celebration of one of the girl's 40th birthday, I think. Only one did not complete the whole walk. We started in the north on the Carneddau range with Foel Fras as our first peak and finished with Snowdon. Fortunately the weather was kind to us and we only had a little rain mid morning and good clear views all the rest of the time.   Boy were we fit in those days!!
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!

Gosh! You take me back a few years. In the early 70's, then in the services (army) and stationed in central London at 20 sqn car unit. We were approached by RAF Hendon for a volunteer driver to take a group of mountaineers on exhibitions around mainland UK. Always good to volunteer! Over weekends for about 8-9 months we visited most of the challenging walks and climbs, once there not a lot to do other than join in on a walk or climb. Cannot recall all the peaks we climbed as there were so many, but remember some key ones and some others for not such nice reasons, Snowdon, Scafell Pike, Pennines, Ben Lawers, Ben Nevis (twice), then drove up Glen Nevis, walked up the gorge onto the flat valley above, from there we climbed another 2 munro's that day, think we used to run in those days! Most remembered was the devils chimney in North Wales, Follow the A5 to Capel Curig, on further for a few more miles to Pont Pen-Y-Benglog, from there on foot to Llyn Idwrl (lake). Here you are at the end of the valley with the lake behind you, look at 2 O'clock, there is a deep crack in the rock, largest one of a couple (you can see all this on googles maps). A group of about 20 of us were climbing the inside of the so-called chimney. I was about two thirds up, when I fell and ended up, upside down, dangling with a rope around my lower right leg and ankle. Seem to take hours to lower me back down! Ended up being air lifted out of the area. That was the end on my climbing days... I still climb but not on ropes.

This should take you there https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Cape...36!6m1!1e1

2012 - Switzerland - looking down on the site Camping Campofelice were staying, on the shores of the lake

[Image: Holiday_Europe_2011_012.jpg]

From the summit of Cardada 1,671m

[Image: Holiday_Europe_2011_036.jpg]

No... we did not use the ski lift on the way up... did on the way down!