Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations for Pembrokeshire sites please
Millie, try to visit Solva if you can. And if you do, leave the car in the car park and walk up through the path on the left hand side of the inlet. That will take you up to a fantastic viewing point both out to sea and the surrounding shoreline.

TF
Thanks TF. I am making a note of all these recommendations. Thank you so much.
Retirement is relentless. Rolleyes
(18-02-2017, 11:46 AM)Takethedogalong Wrote: It is gorgeous. Take a look at the Blue Lagoon, on old slate quarry. Used for Red Bull high diving I think now.

There quite a few diving in off the rocks when we were there a couple of years ago. Very interesting walk along the cliff tops.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

(18-02-2017, 10:33 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
(18-02-2017, 11:46 AM)Takethedogalong Wrote: It is gorgeous. Take a look at the Blue Lagoon, on old slate quarry. Used for Red Bull high diving I think now.

There quite a few diving in off the rocks when we were there a couple of years ago. Very interesting walk along the cliff tops.

It is a wonderful walk from Abereiddy (Blue Pool) along the Coastal path to Porthgain, the scenery is spectacular, look out for the Seals  
(18-02-2017, 11:01 PM)Admiral Wrote:
(18-02-2017, 10:33 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:

It is a wonderful walk from Abereiddy (Blue Pool) along the Coastal path to Porthgain, the scenery is spectacular, look out for the Seals  

That's the one!!

[Image: P1020382.jpg]

Spotted at the Harbour entrance at Porthgain
Just look at that schnoz!  I bet he's grumpy, what say you Smeesh? Undecided

TF
No, he was a happy chappie, that's a smile down west TF, as the Sun was nearly shining
Just a quick one for anybody picking up on this post. I can thoroughly recommend Woody Kiln Farm, Herbranston near Milford Haven. A great quiet easily accessed site. I'll post a separate review for it.

Lovely CL at Letterston named Midlands in the CMC Directory, not been for a while but the site is immaculate has hardstanding serviced pitches with TV and mains hook-up. The owners Marion and Emrys are very welcoming they are caravanners themselves so know what caravanners wanted when they developed the site, for those with dogs there is a great dog walk and I would highly recommend this site for its location to St. Davids, Fishguard, Newport, Cwm yr Eglwys, Abereiddy and Porthgain, The Sloop at Porthgain is one of our favourite pubs for meals, if you love fish, this is the place as the pub gets the pick of the catch directly from Porthgain Harbour, next to Porthgain is Abereiddy with the famed Blue Pool, where the Red Bull Diving Championships take place every September, also there are brilliant walks along the the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path with magnificent scenery including Seals. Not to be missed is Strumble Head and its Lighthouse, time your visit right and you can see the Fishguard to Rosslare ferry leave, in October we try and get there to see the Seal Pups, take the steps down near the Lighthouse, most people think the gate is locked but isn't this is where the best view of the Pups are a wonderful sight, as soon as the weather picks up we'll be down there as it is only 40 odd miles from home. There is so much to do in this area. I love to visit as my Mum was born and raised in Letterston and I can remember staying with my Gran and Grandpa in the early 1950's, happy times, the weather was also brilliant, never rained like it does today, also forgot there is an award winning Fish n Chip Shop on the crossroads in Letterston, again we can highly recommend it. Just a word of warning, the road from the village to the CL is narrow so it is essential that you arrive after mid-day as not to meet a van leaving the site, this road is approx 0.5 mile with no passing places. I am reluctant to post this as everyone will want to go and her Ladyship and I will not be able to get a pitch.
NOTE: I do not and have not worked for the Pembrokeshire Tourist Board !!!