Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good Pint
(12-02-2017, 10:08 PM)Happydaze Wrote: Hobgoblin do 5ltr mini kegs, excellent ale.

Gives me an embarrassment! but that's ok as I'm going to remain fairly sober.... shame

You are right nice beer. Thanks
(12-02-2017, 09:55 PM)moulesy Wrote: Doom Bar or Tribute are my beers of choice - though not as good out of a bottle as draught.

Mind you, shopping in Booths at Windermere last week, I came across an offering from Saltaire Brewery called Chocoholic - sounds revolting but I forced myself to try a bottle or three and it's actually very good, a darkish stout type beer with a distinct chocolaty tang. Beer

Interesting I will do some research into this, thanks.
(12-02-2017, 10:08 PM)Happydaze Wrote: Hobgoblin do 5ltr mini kegs, excellent ale.

Agree Hapz, and if not all drunk on the night then will keep for three days.
Old Speckled Hen do the same.

[Image: 61iKU69X-lL._AC_US218_.jpg][Image: 21lUuvS8SEL._AC_US218_.jpg]

Not to scale I must add
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
(12-02-2017, 10:25 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote:

Not to scale I must add

Yeah right Alfie Boy, as if. 'No one leaves until it's all gone' :-)
I got more-
[Image: IMG_3047.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3048.jpg]
What finds. We'll have a use for any leftovers in Travellers.  Yep
Is there an independent brewery near yourself, Echium? Why not see if they supply mini casks or even small barrels which you could get them to supply to the garden?

Just seen that there are quite a few, eg Andwell Brewery, Hook; Flack Manor, Romsey etc
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

Doom Bar on Draught, Felinfoel Double Dragon in cans
(12-02-2017, 10:25 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote:

Not to scale I must add

Thanks, pleased not to scale! I like speckled hen too
(12-02-2017, 10:43 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: Is there an independent brewery near yourself, Echium? Why not see if they supply mini casks or even small barrels which you could get them to supply to the garden?

Just seen that there are quite a few, eg Andwell Brewery, Hook; Flack Manor, Romsey etc

Yes there are a few around here. What I tend to do is get an idea of the popular beers guys like and then talk to out Home Guard Club, who get them for me at trade, then any thing left over the take back.  Undecided there is a method in my madness.

Wines i'm OK I can get trade anytime.