Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not going up.
I wonder if anyone here who has experience of air tube tents/awnings could provide some information to help my son get his brand new tent to stay up?

It has two seperate long air sausages where I would have expected the springy rods to go. He has a small hand sized rechargabe air pump which just did not really do anything, so I tried the blow output of an industrial vacuum cleaner and it went up quite a bit. Still not stiff enough not to bend out at the sides. From the end it looks like the Greek letter Omega, rather than an inverted "U" shape.

I feel the tubes are not stiff enough, possible due to not getting them up to a high enough pressure. Nothing has a pressure marked on it so no idea how high the pressure is, but the tubes can easily be squeezed by hand. We have checked for leak(s) so any other suggestions appreciated!
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
We have never found either using a vac on blow, or a compressor type pump any good. Good old fashioned foot type pump. The type you get at cycle shops, stand feet either side, pull pump up and down, usually best. Could be something to do with none leak valves, but this usually works on air type stuff for us.
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
I would think that there must be some pressure relief valves in the tubes, perhaps one of these isn't working properly
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
No over pressure valves or such like. He swapped the electric pump for a manual one and a £6.50 refund. Goes up fine now. Thanks to all with a comment - saved me from putting the workshop air line on it!
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
Exactly what we found with a lot of air filled products. Must be way they are designed, need to use a manual pump.
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart