Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C&CC Site Chichester, Sussex
The title of this site can be a little misleading as it is quite a few miles from Chichester. It is actually at Southbourne Nr Emsworth on the coastal Rd  between Portsmouth and Chichester.

A very nice 58 van site, the majority on hardstandings although there are a number of grass pitches around the site too.  The hardstandings are very good, being constructed using a type of "Grasscrete" which allows grass to grow up through the matrix and also makes the pegging out of awnings easier than the CC type of all weather pitches.  Sadly the area has clearly had a lot of rain recently so care was needed not to mess up any none re-enforced grassy area's.

Despite being still early March (visit 10th - 13th March) the site was 98% full.  Mainly motorhomes but a lot of tourers too.

Toilets excellent. Good showers.  Very clean.    Very good and well humoured warden team.  In good range of Portsmouth & Southsea, Chichester and Bognor Regis. Plus loads of other South Coast  venues. Stop for main bus route just outside site entrance. so easy to visit all areas without taking car or MH.

Cost for three nights £55.  Deposit of £25 paid with booking in January, so actual payment at time of visit £30.

Highly recommended

TF
Thanks TF for posting this review looks good.

Dianne
Hi TF

Were those prices you quoted after the over 60s age concession reduction?

Cheers
Bugs 
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Yes Bugs, I certainly requested it when I booked in January.

One other thing I forgot when I reported above, was the best Grey water emptying point I have ever come across. The point has a concrete surround, but on the front the builder must have had a 40 litre Wastemaster with him because there are two areas moulded into the concrete where your wastmaster wheels fit, enabling you to lift and discharge the contents without any danger of the wheels slipping out of their moulded places.

TF
We didn't (!) stay there in 2014. Early June, mid week, so we just rolled up expecting there'd be space. Nope. The very pleasant warden let us in so that we could go round the loop and turn round to go out. We found another good site to stay at near Warsash.

So the message seems to be, whatever the time of year you need to advance book.
----------
Cheers

Brian
Brian, Yes you are quite correct, - This site appears to run at or near full capacity for most of the year. I guess that it is because of the huge amount to see & do within a relatively short distance and also the fact that the Portsmouth Ferry Port is very close.

Having tried both, I prefer this site to the CC one at Rookesbury Park. Rookesbury Park is located in prettier countryside, but does not have the convenience of this one.

One of the best attractions for me is Portsmouth Naval dockyard. Purchase a full ticket which gives access to The Warrior, The Navy's first Iron clad warship, The Mary Rose Henry the 8th's prize warship that sank during a review,(now salved and partially restored), and of course Nelsons flagship the Victory. Plus lots of other exhibits! Once purchased your ticket remans valid if you have not managed to see all, and you can return later to continue.

We always want to visit "Shorties" American Diner just off the Southsea Sea front. Quite simply the best Burgers I have ever tasted!

TF
We've also tried to get on there to access the Portsmouth ferry & failed, but found a very nice CS not far away (if you're members of the C&CC). Its called Coombe Leigh & is close to Nutbourne station, is a flat orchard-type field with hookup, shower & toilet & has very pleasant owners. All this for £15 a night.
My blog of our travels with & without the caravan: http://v2.travelark.org/traveller/blackpoolbelle  

Yes, have used that too! In fact there are two or three CS's around there. Could never quite understand why the C&CC have predominance over CC around there. However quite happy as I currently belong to both. BUT likely to not renew CC in July after recent changes.

TF
A CL we used to use nearly every other weekend when we lived in Surrey is Bird Pond Nursery at Sidlesham, site under Chichester No. 1601. We were te first to use the site when they had Hook-ups installed, and being careful used our Polarity Tester and fund that they had Reverse polarity, within an hour the bloke that fitted the bollards arrived and fixed the fault. We have promised ourselves that the next time we visit this lovely area we would stay for a few days as even in those days the CCC Site at Southbourne was always full. We loved the area so much we looked at houses, we found one at Selsey with fantastic views over the sea, but were gazumped, so we gave up and stayed in Leafy Surrey until our move back to Cymru in 2011