Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Ripoff
I'm a little bit different. We have a local independent garage selling Gulf. Despite his overheads, he manages to keep his prices almost the same as our closest Tesco. He's usually less than 1p per litre dearer. He has a whacking great forecourt and a HGV pump. It's deal for filling the MH so he gets most of our business for 3 vehicles. He's worth looking after.

To be content with the decisions you’ve made, the lifestyle you lead and the friends you have is success beyond measure.
We are lucky to have a Morrisons and an Asda a couple of miles away. Yesterday morning Morrisons reduced diesel to £1.12.7, a short while later Asda reduced theirs to the same amount. whistle The stores are only half a mile apart and know how fickle customers can be.
One of the more rural independent garages in our area only recently stopped selling petrol, they were always 5 or 6 pence more than the supermarkets but had some loyal local support for many years but I guess not enough to warrant them continuing.

Hi Dianne Yep , please be careful you are starting to sound like those incontinent lot from the other place. Yay!
What is life if full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
(08-05-2017, 08:52 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote: All I buy from Asda is Fuel and Malbec TW Banana

SNAP - well Tesco not ASDA!!
Riggers - 2020 Swift Celebrate Super QEB & 2013 Kia Sorento KX2 Auto

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

It's still a good bit dearer up here. We had to fill up in Alexandria the other day and it was 119.9 for diesel however we've seen it at nearly 125p in local garages. We'll make use of Asda or Tesco at Tain before heading up to Altnaharra, as last time we were there it was about 15p a ltr dearer than at Dingwall! Gasp
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!

(09-05-2017, 09:25 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: It's still a good bit dearer up here. We had to fill up in Alexandria the other day and it was 119.9 for diesel however we've seen it at nearly 125p in local garages. We'll make use of Asda or Tesco at Tain before heading up to Altnaharra, as last time we were there it was about 15p a ltr dearer than at Dingwall! Gasp

Tesco in Wick is probably the cheapest further north, Nellie. After that, it's pot luck.

To be content with the decisions you’ve made, the lifestyle you lead and the friends you have is success beyond measure.
(09-05-2017, 09:29 PM)Tinwheeler Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 09:25 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: It's still a good bit dearer up here. We had to fill up in Alexandria the other day and it was 119.9 for diesel however we've seen it at nearly 125p in local garages. We'll make use of Asda or Tesco at Tain before heading up to Altnaharra, as last time we were there it was about 15p a ltr dearer than at Dingwall! Gasp

Tesco in Wick is probably the cheapest further north, Nellie. After that, it's pot luck.

We'll be filling up there again for our journey south. It was only this section, from leaving home till we get to Dornoch we've not been close to any of the supermarket filling stations for "cheap" fuel. Should have no problems from then on.
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!

1.17 Euro here in France Just our government ripping us off.
(13-05-2017, 05:38 PM)layton1837 Wrote: 1.17 Euro here in France Just our government ripping us off.

Glad to hear you have made it to France Layton. €1.05 here this afternoon.
For info on Touring in Europe go to http://www.joysofeuropeancaravanning.co.uk
If the tax wasn't raised from fuel sales they'd have to get it another way in order to balance the books. At least it's within our power as individuals whether we run gas guzzlers or something thriftier.

Right ! I have asked this question on a few Forums over the years If a litre of petrol is £1.19.9 and aI buy one litre of fuel and give the forecourt attendant £1.20 I am due change I am not ? This point nine of a pence business is in my eyes is illegal if you cannot get the exact change ... Maybe I'm just being daft but I find it annoying especially when the greedy oil companies have been fleecing us for years....