Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading for darkest Cornwall soon!
We will be off to Cornwall in about 10 days. In previous years we have overnighted in the CC Affiliated Club Site Nr Okehampton. All very fine but they are never the most accommodating if only staying one night (Understandable I suppose) so this year we thought that we would try a nice CL somewhere along that main route across the North Of Dartmoor. Any recommended sites not too far off the main road?

TF
What's all this 'darkest' lark? nah

Sorry, I can't help with CLs, TF, although I believe there's one quite close to the Affiliated Site. There are several commercial sites in the Okehampton/Whiddon Down area but I've no experience of any of them.
TW, In this case its used affectionally ! You know that I love Cornwall, need to keep it a bit quiet though because if too many people hear about it there might not be enough Crab sandwiches and Jam & Cream scones to go around ! Not to mention the Doom Bar!

TF
That's the trouble, TF, we'll sink if too many more people come here. Tis OK, though, as we're headed the other way. Smile
Goody! Do's that mean more crab for me?

TF
I love Cornwall but the last couple of times we have been the weather wasn't kind and Mrs R isn't ready to risk it again yet!!! I keep nudging so hopefully will get down sometime next year. Have a great trip TF.
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Our weather can be glorious or it can be dire. You can almost guarantee rain during the school holidays.
There's a CL we have used a few times called Crosslands, number 473 in book. You come off A30 at Sticklepath/Belstone services and do an easy loop past garage, over bridge. It is located close to A30 but we found it peaceful enough. Basic, but nice, good overnight stop, cafe/eatery at services or pubs in Belstone and Sticklepath. Owners very nice. Good base for North Dartmoor. Okehampton is a very nice place, great castle!
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
That sounds useful, TDA.

Incidentally, the A30 single to dual carriageway upgrade on Bodmin Moor is far from complete. It was supposed to be open at Easter but has been put back to July. Travelling on it this week we noticed there's a lot left to do and it's still single carriageway with a 40mph speed limit. I wouldn't be surprised if the opening is further delayed.
Thanks TDA will give it a whirl!

TF