Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some plants from holiday
Bought a hanging basket of Dipladanias and two green Hyrangers back from Germany. Unusual plants I think.

[Image: IMG_0852.jpg]

image img
Nice plants Dianne, we always think plants are quite expensive in Germany.
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
One We got these from the big Rewe Supermarkt in Bitburg and were so cheape The Dipladaniers were € 14.99 and there are four in there. thumbup
A friend of ours who has a holiday home in the same French village as us, on arrival fills her window boxes and tubs with plants, left in their pots and buys a couple of hanging baskets. When they leave at the end of their holiday they take them all home! She says the plants are cheaper in France, better quality, and last longer than any she buys in this country. We bought some Dipladenias, the same as Dianne, last year and they grew all season.

We have filled our upstairs sitting room in the house in France with 'Faux' plants (really good quality) because I love greenery in the house and when we have to leave it for a long time between visits real plants just wouldn't last. I've just bought a lovely fern here in a charity shop for £3.00 - about two feet across and eighteen inches high. We shall be taking that back with us.