Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow
I see it Mills Yep very descriptive name-
[Image: IMG_3466.jpg]
That's the one - wonderful. Thanks Happz.
Retirement is relentless. Rolleyes
(16-06-2017, 09:58 AM)milliehull Wrote: That's the one - wonderful. Thanks Happz.

My pleasure Smile
That is gorgeous. thumbup
Talking of descriptive names for flowers, this is the 'man orchid flower' beggared if I know where it gets its name Huh Blush
[Image: IMG_3469.jpg]

free ssl image hosting
Dancing Girl impatiens-
[Image: IMG_3470.jpg]
This is uncanny, monkey orchids-
[Image: IMG_3471.jpg]
Gosh all very descriptive names Wink
Retirement is relentless. Rolleyes
(16-06-2017, 09:09 AM)Happydaze Wrote:
(16-06-2017, 08:55 AM)DianneT Wrote:
(16-06-2017, 08:44 AM)Happydaze Wrote:
(16-06-2017, 08:40 AM)DianneT Wrote:
(16-06-2017, 07:32 AM)Happydaze Wrote: It's a plant that is very happy Dianne, it looks almost a watercolour Yep  Clap

What about the Poppies Hapz?

I wondered if they were self sown(by nature) or you'd sown them, I thought I'd say nowt in case you classed em as spoiling your Dogwood Smile some folk see em as weeds Dianne, me?, I love em Yep

Sorry we were both posting together as I edited the post.  That Mauve poppy is wild self setter the Red ones I bought and have had them for years but they are over now.  They both are in Gravel area and once some one put weed killer on the area, but they survived.  Like you Hapz I just love Poppies.

The massive Oriental ones are a joy, very fleeting, they don't self sow either Sad  the pods prior to opening are visually stunning too, then they open for a short while before they go over but what a glorious thing to see in a cottage garden Celebrate

Our oriental poppies (the big purple ones) self-seed every year. They also produce hybrids, some are double layered, some with single frilly middles, some with a really frilly middle, so they look more like a peony, and others with darker petals and middles - all from the same one parent plant. we pinched a seed head from a plant growing on a local allotment about twenty-five years ago, and every year poppies come up in our garden and allowed to grow wherever they are - even in the middle of the strawberry bed.

I love your dogwood, though Dianne - a real picture.