Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Big Little Tent Festival"
Press Release from the Caravan & Motorhome Club":

Experience the great outdoors and host your own festival in your own back garden at this year’s Big Little Tent Festival™ from the Caravan and Motorhome Club on the weekend of 22-23 July.

The Caravan and Motorhome Club is urging the great British public to experience the magic of the great outdoors, pitch their tents in their own back garden and create their own festival.  Keen festival hosts are encouraged to sign up online to register for a free festival pack which includes bunting, flags and wristbands to enhance the experience!   

The Club is also working with the Scouts for this year’s event and hoping to encourage hundreds of Scouts and their families to take part. 

As an added incentive there is also the option to enter a prize draw to win a week-long European camping holiday when registering for packs. Don’t worry if the weekend of 22-23 July isn’t convenient, save the festival pack and host an event on a date that suits you during the summer holidays.

With the Club experiencing a 20 percent increase in camping bookings in the last year, The Big Little Tent Festival is an ideal way to introduce families and children to the joys of camping by encouraging them to have their own mini festival.  Invite friends and neighbours to attend and join in the fun – have a BBQ, play some music, string up the fairy lights, tell stories and inspire the whole family to enjoy the great outdoors (but with the facilities of your own home within walking distance!).

Harvey Alexander, director of marketing at the Caravan and Motorhome Club said: “The Big Little Tent Festival is now in its third year and the event has grown from strength to strength.  It is a fantastic way to introduce people to the joys of the great outdoors – we saw a great response last year with hundreds of people taking to their back gardens and spending the night outside, relaxing, having fun and enjoying a different experience with friends and family. 

“We have seen a big growth in our camping bookings and we welcome tent campers on 47 of our sites.  As a Club we have also witnessed many keen campers move to campervans, motorhomes and caravans at a different stage in life. I really would urge even the most reticent of campers to give it a go and there’s nothing to lose with the comforts of home being so close by!”
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Trading standards ought to be looking at this.

Sleepovers aren't festivals
Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be  
Scouts and parents during school holidays humm.

They would have to stop leaking sites if more tenters move to vans
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
Sounds like a great idea to me. Should be a lot easier to book a pitch that weekend if everyone else is at home in the garden with the Scouts.
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
I just wish we'd had a garden when I was growing up.

Oh........and a tent

Huh
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Every time I see the name Harvey Alexander I look for the words great outdoors.

I find his press releases rather tedious.

I'll not be sending off for bunting and wristbands.
The great outdoors is not somebody's garden.  If they have a tent, go to a camping site. The CMC should allow tents/ yurts/ pods and lodges on all their sites, if they are so keen on getting good publicity for outdoor breaks.  More families being introduced to camping in this way can only be good for  the camping leisure industry.  The modern generation likes choice in their camping holidays. Many don't like the idea of buying a trailer caravan with the problems and expense of storing it, and a huge tow car just to go away for the odd weekend and a couple of weeks in the summer.  The CMC should be receptive to this and supply facilities accordingly.
A dog is for life . Not just for Christmas
I didn't think you were a member, Bessie. Maybe this is why not?

To be content with the decisions you’ve made, the lifestyle you lead and the friends you have is success beyond measure.
Loads of people mention the expense of big tow cars. Well most families already have cars capable of towing. They need them to fit a family.

I think the best people to ask about what the modern generation want are the modern generation. Too much second guessing leads to business disasters. I'm already past it as my children aren't really children any more but our caravanning friends in their 30s don't seem to have been put off by the doom merchants.

The ready tent idea is going to appeal to some but others realise you can buy a tent for the price of a weekend in a shed and do that instead
(29-06-2017, 04:49 PM)Tinwheeler Wrote: I didn't think you were a member, Bessie. Maybe this is why not?

I'm a member of the "Friendly club". The club for the young at heart. The president being a proper outdoor enthusiast called Julia Bradbury.  They allow a whole range of different camping experiences including those which I mentioned.   Wink

The OP subject was about the CMC hence that was what was mentioned in my post.
As this forum has no affiliation to any camping organisation I presume it is permissible to mention the advantages for families of the "Friendly club" over the CMC. Angel
A dog is for life . Not just for Christmas