Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ah....Those Were The Days...
Used to love going tent camping

Blush

[Image: DEULAlHUMAAC5-Z.jpg]
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Except the tents were nothing like the one in the picture . . . . especially the latrine one!
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
We last camped around four years ago, on way down to Cornwall. It was lovely, nice weather, just sitting out watching sun go down. Can't do more than a couple of nights now though on a lilo, my old bones creak in a bed, so I seize up camping! OH used to camp overnight with dogs in garden of a B&B we use in Tiverton when I used to go down with Mum and Dad. Easy camping though, he got a free hot shower and yummy breakfast cooked for him!
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
Did enough 'camping' in the army, most of the time the only benefit was being paid to do it! Only camped a few times since but have to say I enjoy the comfort of the van
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
Not for me wouldn't feel safe these days.
We had a tent for a short while. It was a great barn of a frame tent. We had one holiday in it in the Lake District where it was freezing cold and poured with rain (that sounds familiar). We sold it when we got home.
We had good ridge tent, could just stand up in centre, then one of Airedales ate through inner and ran riot between inner and outer. It didn't survive! (The tent I mean. The Airedale went on to finer mischief!)

We have a really good Vango now, OH keeps thinking about selling it but I hope we will use it again! Good for throwing in Jeep for off road events!
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
We started with a ridge tent then moved on to the framed variety. Its been in the garage since  the middle 80s and I only passed it on last summer - not a spot of mould anywhere, but it did have that distinctive smell.....Don't you just love the curtains?

My blog of our travels with & without the caravan: http://v2.travelark.org/traveller/blackpoolbelle  

Belle, we had wallpaper like that in the 70's Yay!
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
We had a VW Camper HUG 72 K, wish we'd kept it now!

TF