Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caravan & Motorhome Sales Continue To Rise
Figures released by the National Caravan Council (the NCC), the event arm of which runs the UK’s largest leisure vehicle show, confirm the UK’s continuing enthusiasm for caravanning and motorhoming. Staycations and domestic trips in leisure vehicles are also on the rise.

The Motorhome and Caravan Show 2017 heads to Birmingham’s NEC from 17 to 22 October, where leisure vehicle manufacturers and dealers show their 2018 product ranges and around 100,000 visitors are attracted to the annual event.

According to the NCC, production of touring caravans was up 13.7% in the first six months of 2017 compared to the same period last year, while motorhome registrations rose by 11.3%.

Caravan holiday homes are also steadily increasing, with a 5.6% growth in deliveries to holiday park locations between year start and end of June 2017 compared to 2016.

Read the Full Article On CaravanChat - Click Here
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
why are caravans listed in terms of production and motorhomes listed in terms of registrations? Is it because a motor home is a motor vehicle?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Spot on Corners, motor vehicles have to be registered to go on the road, caravans don't.
H

Living with Parkinson’s and exercising the brain and body to hold it at bay. Static at Flambrough

(15-08-2017, 01:30 PM)Cornersteady Wrote: why are caravans listed in terms of production and motorhomes listed in terms of registrations? Is it because a motor home is a motor vehicle?

Well spotted, Corners. I hadn't noticed. Looks like Hugh's confirmed your thoughts.
thanks TW and Hugh

So have caravan manufactures made more this year and is this an indication that demand is higher? Are these extra van produced been sold?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Will we ever know, Corners? I think we've all noticed a massive increase in LV usage over the years and I often think it's a good job all the vans on dealers' forecourts aren't trying to find pitches.
(15-08-2017, 08:36 PM)Tinwheeler Wrote: Will we ever know, Corners? I think we've all noticed a massive increase in LV usage over the years and I often think it's a good job all the vans on dealers' forecourts aren't trying to find pitches.

Oh yes completely agree.