Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outriggers
Towards the back of the current issue that arrived on Saturday there was an advert that caught my eye only because I had been ferkling around in the garage for some wood to use as larger corner steadies. I went online to find out more about Outriggers and saw that the cost was £20 less 12%, I though that's not a bad deal that they were offering until I saw that P & P that was £12. The online info was in my view not clear if they were offering four or five, so I emailed them, they replied that the cost (£20) was for one only, I lost interest immediately, goodness knows how much the P & P would come to !! Gasp
Admiral, sorry to sound a bit thick, but I'm unsure about what is meant by an "outrigger". I understand it in principle when applied to boats and canoes etc, but not caravans. - At £20 a throw they must be fairly substantial!

TF
Admiral, can you post a link, please?

Is this the CAMC magazine you refer to - not all Chat people are members of CAMC.

To be content with the decisions you’ve made, the lifestyle you lead and the friends you have is success beyond measure.
<Link here>

Nice hard polyethylene and looks the part, but wood is cheaper. Also £12 P&P whether its for one or four but they naughtily add the VAT after the P&P has been added.
-------------------------------------------------------------
OUR TRAVELS: http://trailsandways.weebly.com/
Thanks for posting the link Dave .

Dianne
For info on Touring in Europe go to http://www.joysofeuropeancaravanning.co.uk
Jings! Did you see the prices of the larger ones!!

At 5 tonnes capacity each, who has a 25 tonne caravan to support?

I shall stick with the eco-friendly recycled wood.
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
Thanks, Dave.

They look remarkably like the homemade blocks of wood with pull ropes attached which we used for many years.

To be content with the decisions you’ve made, the lifestyle you lead and the friends you have is success beyond measure.
I am sure they will sell like hot cakes amongst those with more money than sense!

In Yorkshire you just borrow a few bits of dry stone walling! Ace for getting out of muddy fields as well, but follow the country code and put them back again! whistle
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
(28-11-2017, 10:25 AM)DaveFL2 Wrote: <Link here>

Nice hard polyethylene and looks the part, but wood is cheaper. Also £12 P&P whether its for one or four but they naughtily add the VAT after the P&P has been added.

Thanks Dave, beat me to it, I'm still searching for bigger bits of wood arghh
I think that they've priced them, without thinking about the canny nature of most caravaners . £20 each??? I would expect a set of £4 for that & even then only after failing to find some wood. My existing wooden pads are 6x6x2 (Sorry I only work in Imperial) and can cope with most conditions.

TF