Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tower Park St Buryan Cornwall
OK, I'll come clean and declare an interest. One of my oldest friends, is involved in the ownership and management of our favourite caravanning location in Cornwall. Just outside St Buryan and close to some great spots in that fantastic county.

Tower park is spread over four large fields, is very flat and has ample EHU's and water points in all fields. It also offers 4 or 5 static caravans if you want to bring none converted friends with you. We as usual will be spending two weeks there in June, probably the middle two, although not finally decided yet. There is a middle admin type block which also locates the toilets and showers, etc. Not the most modern but were refurbished at the start of last year and are kept very clean. Small shop, TV room and outside picnic spot.

The site is very quiet in May and June, when we have stayed there before, ( we always go in June) We have usually been the only ones in our field. Other visitors are often Dutch & German. That part of Cornwall does not start to get busy until July.

Last year we paid £17.50 for the two of us and EHU. I don't recall being charged extra for Awning etc.

So if anyone cares to visit around that time, the DCOS & I would be pleased to see you. The pub in the village provides some great meals.
If anyone is really interested I will try to negotiate a special rate with Rod & Wendy our good friends.

TF
Can you negotiate good weather, TF? Big Grin
Thats a bit more difficult TW I'll try to make contact with the Pixies! By the way, the site is not far from a place called the Tinners Arms. Now they do know how to serve up good food!

TF
Naturally!

Pasties, hogs pud, saffron cake and clotted cream. What more could a body need? Yay!
No takers?

TF
Gorgeous though it is up there TF, it's too remote for us for a long holiday, but wouldn't rule it out for part of a tour. We stay down at St Hilary and that gives us easy access to both coasts, and the main routes elsewhere. It can often be very wet up there as well, when it is a lot clearer and warmer lower down off the Lands End uplands. We do spend a lot of time up there, St Just, Botallack, Pendeen, Zennor, often walking to some of the more remote beaches such as Nanjizal, Porthgwarra, Portheras Cove. You can't help but stand in awe at Porthcurno, but it is just too busy for us. Love the show though, if we are down at the right time, we always go.
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
I think that the best that we can expect is that we book it, and hope that at some point we can be expect to be joined in the pub by some of you reprobates for a good meal. Good times!

TF