Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those in the Languedoc in August
I've mentioned on other forums, the fantastic water-jousting which takes place in the seaside towns of the Herault/Gard regions, in August, and for those around the Sete area these matches take place between the 21st and 25th August this year. This involves teams of young men rowing towards each other in boats with a high prow and rear platform, with lances, trying to knock each other off the rear platform and into the harbour. It's all accompanied by mediaeval music and drumming, and is very atmospheric.

If you're in the Sete area, or many other of the small towns along that coast with a harbour/river estuary, then do check out your Tourist Information Office. Water Jousting is definitely worth a detour to see - a great afternoon of entertainment.
I agree Val, as I have mentioned on another Forum, if you are in the area it is a must, tremendous atmosphere, the site we use is the Municipal at Loupian on the outskirts of Meze and can recommend it
Admiral could you put a review on the site you mention above in the French review section for us. They are so useful to our members please