Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touring Sites near Mount Snowden
Well, we're determined to scale the mountain.

Am looking for any site close to Mt Snowden, please. please

CL, CS, Main site or private, all recommendations greatly received, thanks in advance thumbup

Also intend to spend a few days discovering Castles in Wales and then a few days by the sea, with two Grandsons. Again, I'm in your hands as we haven't yet toured Wales.
I gave my dog love..... And he became my friend for life   Cool
We've stayed on several CAMC sites in Wales but there’s nothing that particularly jumps out at me except the mud on the St Davids site, the general air of gloom and misery at Pandy and the glories of Anglesey where we stayed on the Penrhos full facility site.

Anglesey has lovely beaches and sights to see, shops and visitor attractions, while Llandudno and the Great Orme are only a short hop back across the bridge.

PS. There are several reviews of Welsh sites in the Touring Sites section.

To be content with the decisions you’ve made, the lifestyle you lead and the friends you have is success beyond measure.
(29-01-2018, 04:32 PM)Tinwheeler Wrote: We've stayed on several CAMC sites in Wales but there’s nothing that particularly jumps out at me except the mud on the St Davids site, the general air of gloom and misery at Pandy and the glories of Anglesey where we stayed on the Penrhos full facility site.

Anglesey has lovely beaches and sights to see, shops and visitor attractions, while Llandudno and the Great Orme are only a short hop back across the bridge.

Thanks TW, I'm working through the reviews, but not found any near Llanberis yet.
(29-01-2018, 04:47 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote:
(29-01-2018, 04:32 PM)Tinwheeler Wrote: We've stayed on several CAMC sites in Wales but there’s nothing that particularly jumps out at me except the mud on the St Davids site, the general air of gloom and misery at Pandy and the glories of Anglesey where we stayed on the Penrhos full facility site.

Thanks TW, I'm working through the reviews, but not found any near Llanberis yet.

My fabourite is Pembrey but that’s way off the mark.

There’s a fairly new Morris Leisure site at Llanberis but I know nothing about it. In the early 70s we stayed at a site called Snowdon View where we nearly lost the roof of our Bluebird in a storm. I remember nothing of the site and it may well no longer be there.

To be content with the decisions you’ve made, the lifestyle you lead and the friends you have is success beyond measure.
Morris leisure at Llanberis is in an ideal spot but not cheap. A deal until the end of March gets you 3 nights for the price of 2. I thought I reviewed it in September when Wales did it’s best to drown the three us.
H

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.
Clap

You could always try Llanberis Touring park and it gives a discount for major touring clubs,
https://www.morris-leisure.co.uk/caravan...ricing.htm

Oops, posted same time as Hugh
-------------------------------------------------------------
OUR TRAVELS: http://trailsandways.weebly.com/
How about somewhere like this? Close to Beddgelert.
http://www.caeducampsite.co.uk/

The beaches between Barmouth and Harlech (castle to visit) are nice and might be good for children, plenty of different types of camp sites along that coast.
(29-01-2018, 05:05 PM)HughR Wrote: Morris leisure at Llanberis is in an ideal spot but not cheap. A deal until the end of March gets you 3 nights for the price of 2. I thought I reviewed it in September when Wales did it’s best to drown the three us.

Can't find your review Hugh, was it here or elsewhere?
We have done both North and South Wales on various occasions. For North Wales we always used Beddgelert site, which was Forestry Commission, then Camping in the Forest, under C&CC umbrella. I would have strongly recommended it, however.....it's under redevelopment, and I don't think is accepting touring units at the moment. But this is a superb area, close to Snowden, close to the big four castles of Caernarfon, Conway, Harlech and lovely Beaumaris on Anglesey. I would be consulting Nellie for some decent CLs if we were going, as well as looking at some independent sites. The smaller castles of Rhuddlan, Denbigh, Criccieth are interesting as well.
I have used a site called Seiont Nursery Campsite in past, not far from Caenarfon. Just had a look, and still on go with some glowing reviews! No idea on prices. It was a very good location, easy to get out and about, I do remember that!
http://riversidecamping.co.uk/
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
(29-01-2018, 05:09 PM)Rosa Wrote: How about somewhere like this?
http://www.caeducampsite.co.uk/

The beaches between Barmouth and Harlech (castle to visit) are nice and might be good for children, plenty of different types of camp sites along that coast.

That looks a lovely site rosa. Prices aren't too bad, we have always found North Wales expensive compared with some other areas. Beddgelert is a lovely base. Plenty to do direct from sites, and the railway goes through!
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart