Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Static Caravans!
White static caravans should be phased out of one of Wales’ best-known beauty spots, it has been claimed.

The caravans in the Gower should be replaced with green and brown, the Gower Society says.

The conservation group has asked the Gower AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) Partnership Group to consider its long-term proposal.

Huh

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-...d-9627729?
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
They will look very drab if dark brown and green. I would have thought more landscaping wit trees and bushes would be better.
Honestly, do you not find that some people find the smallest things to whinge about these days?
If It was phased in I can see it working. Static parks normally have strict rules about the maximum age a static can be after it is first placed on the site any way. Just insist that the replacements are environmental green in colour. We have have researched buying a static before we bought or tourer and green is pretty much a stipulation on nearly every park we looked at, and not all of them were in National Parks either.
I think that it depends on the location of the site. If its coastal does it really matter - beach huts have always been brightly coloured - if its in a wooded area or in a National Park then something that blends into the scenery is possibly better.

Personally I hate seeing green vans on the coastal caravan parks but think they fit into the Lakeland scenery very well
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.