Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-EHU CL’s
Interesting information on Non EHU CL’s

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=750742924
Thanks Dianne. Hope that this helps those that want to caravan without using EHU.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

Surely one can caravan anywhere without EHU by simply not plugging in?
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
There is no reason to connect to an electric bollard if you are only staying for two or three nights. The leisure battery will supply power for the necessary functions. For longer stays, the use of a solar panel should keep the battery topped up. A few years ago.the use of generators was the norm but have fallen out of favoir.
Economical touring using basic Cls and Css, using the caravans full potential can be very enjoyable.
A dog is for life . Not just for Christmas
We give a discount in summer of £2 per night for non hookup.
(25-04-2018, 03:16 PM)David from Suffolk Wrote: We give a discount in summer of £2 per night for non hookup.

But how many CC members who want economical touring know that, David? I notice that you don't mention that on your CC web page, perhaps it might be worth adding a note to that effect.

nth
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

Very interesting list, we know a lot of the Cornish CLs mentioned. We sometimes go without hook up in warmer months. Have done all through our touring days, but we are just glorified campers at heart, happy to be outdoors, don't carry a TV. We used to use economy pitches on Club Sites if they were in a nice part of Site, we often got loads of space to ourselves. Being a cheeky so and so, I have been known to ask if there is a saving if we don't hook up, particularly if it is just for a short overnight stay, late arrival and early departure. There are some very nice none ehu CLs, and unless you rely on a lot of power appliances to enjoy your holiday, it's not as testing as some folks might imagine if the weather is kind. But needs and likes vary. Doubt we would faff around with expensive bits of kit to save a few pounds here and there!
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
(25-04-2018, 07:21 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
(25-04-2018, 03:16 PM)David from Suffolk Wrote: We give a discount in summer of £2 per night for non hookup.

But how many CC members who want economical touring know that, David? I notice that you don't mention that on your CC web page, perhaps it might be worth adding a note to that effect.

nth

To be honest very few ask for it in fact about 2 a year, we have more wanting 16amp electric than the 10 we offer. I would feel its a very small market and we need to go with the flow, after all the cost of the installation needs to be paid for.