Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May 2018.
Lovely photo Rosa.  I hope more members put on some photos of their gardens. We can have a mini Chelsea Flower Show. Smile
Retirement is relentless. Rolleyes
They are fantastic this year. Lots of rain, then lots of sun for blooms. Here's another picture of one of my favourite roses, Winchester Cathedral, smells as lovely as it looks...

[Image: IMG_0481.jpg]
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
Lovely photo tda. I love roses and they are particularly good this year. Your garden looks lovely.
Retirement is relentless. Rolleyes
Thank you Millie. It's a typical Victorian plot, quite large compared with today's modern offerings. It's still hedged on the long sides, old wall at the bottom under Beech trees. The hedges are a mix of privet, hawthorn, ivy, snowberry, holly, elder, nightmare to keep under control, but it does mean we get lots of birds, so we haven't gone down the fencing route. Lovely old apple tree, original to house we think, as all houses along row have an old fruit tree. We have put in a bit more fruit, pear, plum, and a couple of grape vines. We still have Raspberry canes, they were in when we moved in, and we have added to them. It was just two long lawns and a straight path when we bought it. We did a quick tidy up and kept it plain for first few years, busy at work and with horse. But it became my refuge when work became stressful, and we transformed it. Got a bit neglected these last six years, as I spent half my time a week caring for Dad, and then looking after OH! But it's doing ok, nettles are good for wildlife. I do love roses, they can be a bit of a challenge, especially as most of mine are the old flower once type, but I have put a few repeaters in as well. Got a couple of Albertine's, one goes up and over an arch, other was rescued from Sister's balcony, stunted in a pot.....it's about 4 metres now! Yep
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
Something different, indoors this time, we bought a very small air plant, I can't find the name, think it's Tillandsia? It's reached about four inches now, in a tiny bit of water to absorb some moisture but we also leave it out on it's own. So small but it has caught our interest and it's definitely thriving on virtually nothing.
[Image: IMG_2124.jpg]
That is different, never tried an air plant. I like carnivorous plants, got a Venus Fly trap which seems to be doing well now visitors have stopped poking it! Also got a pitcher plant that I am about to fetch out of greenhouse today. My other one sadly didn't survive last Winter, my fault as I forgot to check it amidst all the mayhem with OH!
Some lovely pics and gorgeous gardens ours is very much in a transition year
H

Living with Parkinson’s and exercising the brain and body to hold it at bay. Static at Flambrough