Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Steadings at The Grouse and Trout, Inverness Scotland
Located in Strathnairn 15 minutes from Inverness and 8 miles to the East of Loch Ness this CAMC CL is set in fabulous scenic countryside and is adjacent to the hotel. The five pitches are set on two levels with trees shielding the upper 3 and the lower two having open views up and down a very windswept valley. The pitches are adequate but a couple wouldn’t take our 8 metre MH easily without some overhang. Each pitch has its own EHU water and waste, a good recycling bin area is emptied daily and a good chemical waste set up is adjacent to the bins. We had a lovely warm welcome from the male owner who showed us the facilities and gave us the choice of the three free pitches. We didn’t use the bar or restaurant ( must be booked in advance) but they were popular and busy every night and if it hadn’t been so windy we would have had a drink outside. Dogs are welcome inside when food isn’t being served. We paid £13.55 a night (go figure) but it is going upto £17.50 which is probably a bit steep for what you get.
The RSPB hide at Loch Ruthven is just over a mile away on very quiet single track roads and worth a visit, we cycled to Loch Ness being very pleased to have e bikes for the steep return trip. Night skies were superb and great for star gazing, plenty of dog walking opportunities but cattle and sheep everywhere. A lovely peaceful site but we probably won’t visit again, Scenery and Tranquility are top notch

[Image: 17_B430_AA_4_A51_4_CC9_B450_60_CE7_D90_D830.jpg]

More pics to follow
H

Living with Parkinson’s and exercising the brain and body to hold it at bay. Static at Flambrough

Thanks for the review Hugh, I have thought about using it as some years ago (30) we rented a lodge at Loch Ruthven and absolutely loved the area.
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
The area is fabulous as is the wildlife
H

Living with Parkinson’s and exercising the brain and body to hold it at bay. Static at Flambrough

[Image: DSC_0707.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0709.jpg]

[Image: 20180914_175449441_i_OS.jpg]

[Image: 20180914_104151584_i_OS.jpg]

[Image: 20180913_143235939_i_OS.jpg]
H

[Image: DSC_0705.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0683.jpg]

[Image: 20180913_142513608_i_OS.jpg]
H