Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minehead Area, Somerset/North Devon.
Anyone recommend a site close to coast in this area? Doesn't need to have much in way of facilities, we could manage without hook up. Prefer something small, spacious, must allow dogs, so a decent dog walk for early morning and evening walkies is more of a priority. Don't want to pay more than £20 per night. We aren't bothered about Club Sites round there thanks.
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
Sorry TDA, we only ever used the CC site at Minehead, we took our "inlaws" there a few years ago.
I gave my dog love..... And he became my friend for life   Cool
I can recommend "Seabreeze" a CL near Appledoore, North Devon. Easy to get to, ver quiet ,grass collected when mown, just outside the site you have miles of parkland adjacent to the beach to walk the dog.
Sailing close to the wind
(12-07-2018, 02:33 PM)Sea Dog Wrote: I can recommend "Seabreeze" a CL near Appledoore, North Devon. Easy to get to, grass collected when mown, just outside the site you have miles of parkland adjacent to the beach to walk the dog.

Thanks Sea Dog for posting this for TDA I will delete your first post as it was a duplication.
Would it be possible for you to put a review for this CL in our UK review section please.
For info on Touring in Europe go to http://www.joysofeuropeancaravanning.co.uk
(12-07-2018, 02:56 PM)DianneT Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 02:33 PM)Sea Dog Wrote: I can recommend "Seabreeze" a CL near Appledoore, North Devon. Easy to get to, grass collected when mown, just outside the site you have miles of parkland adjacent to the beach to walk the dog.

Thanks Sea Dog for posting this for TDA I will delete your first post as it was a duplication.
Would it be possible for you to put a review for this CL in our UK review section please.

Have done, it's not one to miss
Sailing close to the wind
That sounds great, I'm certainly going to have a look too!

TF
Looks just our kind of place Sea Dog. Thank you very much. Good reviews on CC website.
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
Thank you so much Sea Dog looks very good.
For info on Touring in Europe go to http://www.joysofeuropeancaravanning.co.uk
Thanks from me as well Sea Dog,one to put in my book thumbup
I gave my dog love..... And he became my friend for life   Cool
TDA have a look at the private site, Stoke Barton,near Hartland Point, also Cleeve Abbey (inland from Blue Anchor and Watchet.) Another spot to consider is the Oare Valley sites for Lynton, Lynmouth and Watersmeet.) Although reviews not so good. C&CC site near Valley of the Rocks, big walks needed!. Sorry on my phone with limited access to remember the site names but these areas are worth a look. I think there is a nice CL north of Combe Martin going towards the coast at Great Hangman. We have stayed on a coastal site south of Combe Martin, Little Meadow, nice farm site, tents and vans, relaxed and easy going. It was in the coastal sites book. There are a couple of large commercial sites there too, in attractive surroundings.
There is a coastal CL at Westward Ho, if that is a different one from the CL already mentioned? Its been on our list for years even though W Ho isn't particularly attractive the coast views are!