Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton Grove CL - North Oxfordshire
Having just joined the forum I would like to introduce the CAMC CL I run NEWTON GROVE CL

We are on the edge of the beautiful village of South Newington in North Oxfordshire (North Cotswolds) surrounded by open countryside. Just off the A361 halfway between the market towns of Chipping Norton and Banbury or 25 minutes from the M40. The site is ideal for trips into Warwickshire (5 miles), South Northamptonshire (6 miles), Gloucestershire (10 Miles) & Buckinghamshire (12 miles), Mileage "as the crow flies"

Our CL is a private, secluded, peaceful site surrounded by mature native trees, shrubs and hedges on all sides. The site including the wooded areas extends to 1.8 acres of which the maintained grassed pitching area is 0.8 acres, this allows spacious non-designated grass pitches together with 3 hardstanding areas. Lots more info/images etc on our website
Our  site is a well maintained “Off Grid” site (non EHU). For “non EHU virgins “there is free use of a Solar Battery Charging Unit also with 5a 240v outlets for things like charging tooth brushes, phones, computers etc. So gain your freedom and give us a try!

You can now check availability and book on-line from £7 per night for longer stays rising to £10.50 for just one night - includes 2 occupants, awning & pets, well behaved dogs welcome with no set times for arrival or departures

READ OVER 60 - 5 Star reviews - Just some of the kind comments made by members about our site: " This is how is done",  "First Class CL", "A Hidden Gem", "Beautiful site", Most Relaxing", "Lovely CL", "Tranquil & Relaxing", "Perfect CL", "Great Countryside setting", "What camping is all about", "Well tended CL", "Superb CL", "Our first time on a Off-Grid (non EHU) site and it worked well. Pleased to set a record of 23 nights!" - read more on the reviews page
For booking/enquires - book on-line or email: newton.grove@btconnect.com
See our Facebook page
Regards, John Clifton
NEWTON GROVE, Barford Road, South Newington, BANBURY, OX15 4LN
E: newton.grove@btconnect.com, P: 07722 918265, W: https://newtongrove.co.uk
See Sites Directory 2017/2018” on page 440, entry no: 1273,
[Image: Pana_from_Entrance_L.jpg]
I'm really impressed with your site J57. It sounds something different. I hope we get chance to include you in a tour at some point. We used to stay on a lovely old fashioned CL West of you near Halford Bridge, sadly the owner died a couple of years ago, and the family decided to give up the CL. It was a regular stop for us for a few days, heading down to SW. You are not far from our route, so hopefully we can detour to you now. Thanks for posting thumbup
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
HI, Johnny, welcome to CChat, the friendly forum. You and I have corresponded on CT with regards to non-EHU sites, and although your's does look great, and I like many of your ideas, we will not be visiting you as we only use sites with EHU, as you well know. However all the best with your CL.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

John welcome to Cchat. Your site sound just right. Will put you on our list for next year as it’s is about time we visited the area again. Must be nearly 30 years since we’ve been to Oxford.
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
(01-09-2018, 08:11 PM)Takethedogalong Wrote: I'm really impressed with your site J57. It sounds something different. I hope we get chance to include you in a tour at some point. We used to stay on a lovely old fashioned CL West of you near Halford Bridge, sadly the owner died a couple of years ago, and the family decided to give up the CL. It was a regular stop for us for a few days, heading down to SW. You are not far from our route, so hopefully we can detour to you now. Thanks for posting  thumbup

Thanks for your kind words Takethedogalong look forward to see you at some point in the future
(01-09-2018, 08:45 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: HI, Johnny, welcome to CChat, the friendly forum. You and I have corresponded on CT with regards to non-EHU sites, and although your's does look great, and I like many of your ideas, we will not be visiting you as we only use sites with EHU, as you well know. However all the best with your CL.

Hi Nelliethehooker thanks for the welcome is good to see some familar "handles" on here from CT. I can understand you will be not be visiting each to there own!
Is there a disscussion on CChat where i should post links to the Off-Grid map and speadsheet that some may find off use?
All the Best Johnny
(01-09-2018, 09:17 PM)Oneputt Wrote: John welcome to Cchat.  Your site sound just right. Will put you on our list for next year as it’s is about time we visited the area again.  Must be nearly 30 years since we’ve been to Oxford.

Hi Oneputt good to here the site may suit you will be delighted to see you sometime. We do have a regular from Norfolk who goes to Wales and stops with us to break the journey each way! We do have a interactive Newton Grove google map to give you ideas of whats to do in our area if you plan a trip at some stage see our website
(02-09-2018, 10:09 AM)Johnny57 Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 08:45 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: HI, Johnny, welcome to CChat, the friendly forum. You and I have corresponded on CT with regards to non-EHU sites, and although your's does look great, and I like many of your ideas, we will not be visiting you as we only use sites with EHU, as you well know. However all the best with your CL.

Hi Nelliethehooker thanks for the welcome is good to see some familar "handles" on here from CT. I can understand you will be not be visiting each to there own!
Is there a disscussion on CChat where i should post links to the Off-Grid map and speadsheet that some may find off use?
All the Best Johnny

Just start your own thread J57, then insert whatever you want to. The Introductions section tells you how to do a lot of things, which are so much easier than on the CAMC website. If you still need help, just ask someone will be able to show you, depending upon what you want to do. Copy and pasting a live link is very easy.
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
If you start a new thread in CLS I'll sort it out as it's a useful resource.   Yep
Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be  
(02-09-2018, 12:24 PM)Takethedogalong Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 10:09 AM)Johnny57 Wrote:

All the Best Johnny

Just start your own thread J57, then insert whatever you want to. The Introductions section tells you how to do a lot of things, which are so much easier than on the CAMC website. If you still need help, just ask someone will be able to show you, depending upon what you want to do. Copy and pasting a live link is very easy.
Thanks nelliethehooker have started thread here http://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/...#pid128951