Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK instead of Europe
We have decided that we will stay in UK for our early trip and wait until September for our taste of mainland Europe giving time for the B word to settle down.
Early plans seem to favour Tewksbury, Swanage Totnes each for three nights then home via the Cotswolds or Shropshire not been to this area before so any suggestions welcome. please
H

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.
Clap

Find time when you’re in Tewkesbury to wander over to little dean jail.

We walked round speechless
Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be  
It will be visiting quaint foreign lands with their odd customs again for me. Nothing to do with BRexit, just England and Wales as I can't be 4rsed with the near 500 mile journey just to get to the White Cliffs of Dover. And the same back again once it is all over and I'm tired. (P.S. I can fly to Cyprus in 5 hours, but not drive to Dover in twice the time, and new prices from The CC do make package holiday with guaranteed sun quite attractive.)
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
UK in February/March/April, France for two or three months in the early Summer (May/June/July), then bits and pieces around UK, then back to France in Autumn, UK October-ish. Health and age permitting! Pretty much like this year, really.
Gee, I'm tired already!
(24-12-2018, 01:59 PM)HughR Wrote: We have decided that we will stay in UK for our early trip and wait until September for our taste of mainland Europe giving time for the B word to settle down.
Early plans seem to favour Tewksbury, Swanage Totnes each for three nights then home via the Cotswolds or Shropshire not been to this area before so any suggestions welcome. please

Hugh, there are so many places to choose from in both the Cotswolds & Shropshire. Do you want club sites or CLs? If the latter H/S only or grass as well. PM me with what you're after and I can certainly come up with suitable suggestions.
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!

As usual it will be the UK for us, although as of yet we've not made any definite plans.....there are so any places to visit, both new and old.

I doubt if we will manage to tour on the continent this coming year due to family health issues. There are still areas of the UK we have yet to tour, so will concentrate on those this year. Will start planning soon.
A dog is for life . Not just for Christmas
(25-12-2018, 11:45 AM)bessacarr425 Wrote: I doubt if we will manage to tour on the continent this coming year due to family health issues. There are still areas of the UK we have yet to tour, so will concentrate on those this year. Will start planning soon.

Once you know where you're heading please let us know....our paths may cross somewhere along the way.

(25-12-2018, 08:54 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
(25-12-2018, 11:45 AM)bessacarr425 Wrote: I doubt if we will manage to tour on the continent this coming year due to family health issues. There are still areas of the UK we have yet to tour, so will concentrate on those this year. Will start planning soon.

Once you know where you're heading please let us know....our paths may cross somewhere along the way.

Dianne and I tried to meet up all over Germany and Austria for years, as we'd been corresponding on PC forum but never met. We finally made it last year at David (Sussex)'s rally!
At some point it might be Europe instead of the UK but we're happy to find places here just now. OH wants to visit a friend in N Germany next year, but that will be a flight not a drive.

Hugh if you go to Totnes look out for the little tour map the local schoolchildren have produced (in the tourist office etc) it has an entertaining route around the town, don't miss the castle, the Leechwells and the museum. Also the walks along the Dart into the waterside parks and a trip on the river up to Dartmouth.

In Tewkesbury, apart from the Abbey which is beautiful, do some of the Severn side walks and a get a leaflet to explore the Tewkesbury alleys too. Go out to Deerhurst and see Odda's Chapel, a very ancient spot.
https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visi...as-chapel/

Have a good time wherever you decide to go.