Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Caravan Year, 2018
We have been away a total of 265 nights in 2018. This comprised a total of 53 site visits, of which 4 were on CC sites, 3 on Commercial sites and the remainder, 46, on CLs. We used 40 different ones and 17 of those were new to us last year. The furthest north we stayed was Davochfin CL, Dornoch, and the furthest south was Mount Pleasant Fm, Redruth. The most interesting sites, for me anyway, were White Water Park CC site, Stockton-on-Tees during the "Beast from the East"; Bogroy CL, Carrbridge; and Venndown Farmhouse, Bude. There were very few that we would not consider using again, and plenty that we would not hesitate to revisit.
All in all it's been a good year touring for us.

I would love to hear what others have done.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

Sounds a wonderful year nellie I envy you.
That's a great year, Nellie - ours was very different but very enjoyable.

March: 9 nights in Dorset & Somerset on 2 CLs

May-June: 31 nights in Germany, Austria, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Austria, Germany, Luxembourg & Holland.
4498 = miles travelled
7 = countries stayed in
9 = countries travelled in/through
11= sites stayed on
24 = different country registration plates spotted (inc lorries) + 1 diplomatic plate

August: 9 nights in Norfolk & Suffolk - Sandringham & Norfolk Broads CC sites, 1x small site at Ipswich
September: 6 nights near Pickering, N Yorks on small site

Total miles towed for the year: 6030

Roll on 2019 Smile
My blog of our travels with & without the caravan: http://v2.travelark.org/traveller/blackpoolbelle  

We had a very different year with no overseas travel in 2018 in the caravan.

We did however manage 69 nights away - not bad when you are working full time! - including trips to Scotland, Cumbria, N Yorkshire, Peak District, Oxford, Wirral and Northumbria. This year We already have 51 nights planned including our trip to Holland. Fingers crossed for another fantastic year in the van!
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Not sure how many nights we had away but got to 75 so far from memory, trips included
CChat meet in Suffolk
Alnwick, Borders and Durham
France,Germany,Switzerland Italy and Austria
Scotland
Derbyshire,
A spread of CMC sites and CL’s in the UK and a mixture of sites and Aires over there.
Fly drive to South Africa

Very little booked for 2019 apart from Chatsworth in January, Edinburgh August for tattoo, three weeks in May (Dorset &Devon) and three in September over there somewhere. No big fly away holiday this year so I’m sure we’ll beat last years number of nights away, first task is to ensure we get away every month.
H

Living with Parkinson’s and exercising the brain and body to hold it at bay. Static at Flambrough

Nellie, that is fantastic! We've never managed to beat 200 nights, but including New Year up to last Thursday we completed 187. Obviously we are both long retired, but all of this was done in our Retro caravan and camper van, and now our newly acquired French van. The three vans total 108 years, and Anne and I total 158 years.
So far, 2019 is very moderate with only about 110 nights confirmed.
(06-01-2019, 10:59 PM)emmerson Wrote: Nellie, that is fantastic! We've never managed to beat 200 nights, but including New Year up to last Thursday we completed 187. Obviously we are both long retired, but all of this was done in our Retro caravan and camper van, and now our newly acquired French van. The three vans total 108 years, and Anne and I total 158 years.

Hope some of those nights are at Wildmere Farm with us at the Meet.
(07-01-2019, 12:35 AM)DianneT Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 10:59 PM)emmerson Wrote: Nellie, that is fantastic! We've never managed to beat 200 nights, but including New Year up to last Thursday we completed 187. Obviously we are both long retired, but all of this was done in our Retro caravan and camper van, and now our newly acquired French van. The three vans total 108 years, and Anne and I total 158 years.

Most certainly Diane! Not sure quite how we fit it in, as we need the camper for a Talbot meet in Cheshire the w/e before, and the Royale caravan to go to France immediately after your meet.
It was going to be South Wales - Cheshire - Wildmere - Dover.
Now it will have to be South Wales - Cheshire, - South Wales - Wildmere, then Dover, so we might be a day later getting to you, but we will be there!
(07-01-2019, 05:59 PM)emmerson Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 12:35 AM)DianneT Wrote:

Most certainly Diane! Not sure quite how we fit it in, as we need the camper for a Talbot meet in Cheshire the w/e before, and the Royale caravan to go to France immediately after your meet.
It was going to be South Wales - Cheshire - Wildmere - Dover.
Now it will have to be South Wales - Cheshire, - South Wales - Wildmere, then Dover, so we might be a day later getting to you, but we will be there!

Yipee thumbup

That 187 is still impressive, emmerson. I bet there are very few that tour and amass those many nights, especially in the style of LVs that you have. Well done.

We've not sorted out any more trips for this year yet, as we've still a week or so to go on our present one.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”