Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We’re Still Rubbish
Excellent result last night Bugs your team is showing some spirit
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Today was a performance best forgotten, I guess, but at least there's always next week to make amends. You could be owned by the Arabs by then!!
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

United fans have largely become rather blasé about these annual takeover rumours which seem to arrive regularly from Keith Bishop's PR group(?) and are suspected to be mainiy a device for deflecting attention from the owner's lack of investment during transfer windows....

Three years ago, Amanda Staveley’s firm PCP Capital Partners apparently did make an offer for it for a reported 250 million pounds but the talks broke down. Not surprised as Ashley was asking £400M to even bother to sit down - although he did eventually take her out for a curry in London.

Last year we were fed the story that Abu Dhabi billionaire Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan was bidding, but that deal did not go ahead either.

This year its Saudi’s Public Investment Fund together with a group led by British financier Amanda Staveley.

Worth mentioning I suppose that apart from the derision and scepticism amongst many of the faithful many fans are also not convinced that we would want to become another Manchester City. (sorry Riggers, no criticism intended - personally I would love to see it!)

Bugs
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
It would appear that some don't know what they want...They might want rid of MA, but don't want Saudi money, wouldn't want anyone like the Glaisers, unsure about Russians...so who do they want? There are very few if any Brits or British consortiums who have sufficient readies to buy the club at the asking price, and I'm sure Mike Ashley will let it go for a song.

That was a close call at the end Bugs! Thought Oxford were going to cause an upset!!
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

(04-02-2020, 11:50 PM)Riggers Wrote: That was a close call at the end Bugs! Thought Oxford were going to cause an upset!!

Some winner though!! And yet another new scorer....Sean Longstaffe.

(04-02-2020, 11:50 PM)Riggers Wrote: That was a close call at the end Bugs! Thought Oxford were going to cause an upset!!

Funnily enough, I thought we'd lose before the match started - we usually do lose this type of game!

Oxford fought back well, credit to them.

But as Nellie says - what a cracking goal from the saint - he hit it so hard, he jumped in the air and ended up on the ground afterwards!!

Bugs
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
The next round should be harder by rights so you should win that match comfortaby!!?

It’s alright for you lot, but I’m a Yeovil Town supporter! And you think that you’ve got problems!

TF
(08-02-2020, 09:22 PM)Tigerfish Wrote: It’s alright for you lot, but I’m a Yeovil Town supporter! And you think that you’ve got problems!

TF

You had a decent run for a while, but have faded in recent weeks. Home town team is still too with a few points in hand, and a good goal difference, so fingers crossed that they make it back up this year.