Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACSI 2021
Yesterday, I received an email from Vicarious Books which is their annual reminder to pre-order the following years directory. It was interesting to note there are 400 less camp sites in the 2021 directory. I think that this is due to the cost of being a member of ACSI and the discount available following heavy losses in revenue by sites in 2020.

However, I will be ordering my copy later as I have had ACSI from it's early days as our Dutch friends recommended ACSI and they used to buy it for us and post it on. In those days it was only available in Dutch, I never thought for one minute it would grow to what it is today
We had our first ACSI Camping Card and Book in 2004. We were staying on a site in Italy on the Cinque Terre and when we went to the office final morning to pay they gave us a free ACSI book and card. There were less than 200 campsites listed then and that was the first year it was introduced. We used it when we paid. Didn’t find many sites taking card on way home but next year ordered it straight from ACSI Holland and did so up to 2 years ago when we sold the Caravan.

The card saved us literally hundreds of pounds over the years and we never had a bad site. Over the 14 Countries we used it Austria and Germany proved to have the best campsites with Italy and Holland coming next.

I expect COVID has played havoc with the Campsites finances. I hope that things will return to near normal next year for all Sites, ACSI and Caravan/Motorhome users in UK and Europe.
I thought Dianne it was earlier than 2004, my guess at our first ACSI Card/Directory was 1999 or 2000, maybe wrong, probably are, memory not too good !!!!!
(14-10-2020, 07:39 AM)Admiral Wrote: I thought Dianne it was earlier than 2004, my guess at our first ACSI Card/Directory was 1999 or 2000, maybe wrong, probably are, memory not too good !!!!!

Admiral just Googled ACSI and came up with this photo of history of Camping Card.

[Image: CADD2-ACF-A810-4-BA9-9-F99-A5-B64018778-C.jpg]

Full story of ACSI on link below.

https://acsi-media.com/en/about-acsi/l2-...acsi50jaar
I surrender
(14-10-2020, 04:20 PM)Admiral Wrote: I surrender

It doesn’t say how many sites it had listed at the beginning. Would love to know. Wish I had kept the 2004 book.
That's all I can say thaat the directory we had was probably half the size than the book containing France and Spain, there were a lot of Dutch and German sites from memory