Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorhome & Caravan Show 2019
Anyone going to this in October?

https://mcshow.co.uk/

Huh

For anyone who hasn't been before - here's what to expect!

bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Yes we have been daft enough to buy tickets for the Friday- hope that’s all it costs us!!!
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Looking forward to going on Friday. Anyone else going?

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Not going this year, sadly  Undecided

I'm sure you'll have a great day - my advice though is leave the wallet at home!!

Wink
Bugs
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Yep I will!

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the show - although tiring. In at 10am out at 17.40!

Wasn’t as busy as I expected on Friday- never waiting to view Caravans etc. Massive collection although nothing a major departure in the main from Uk manufacturers apart from Baileys Discovery.

Speaking to our dealers Glossop they had averaged 15 sales a day upto Friday and were hoping for a better Saturday & Sunday. A really good show would be an average 25 vans a day.

We helped by purchasing a new Swift Celebrate QEB - a dealer special!! This based on the Sprite Super Quattro EB. Our first twin axle 8ft wide van!! Our pay off due to weight was going back to Truma blown air heating rather than Alde. We loved the layout and greater space and the fantastic end bedroom. Delivery in December so should have it for our trips to Chatsworth and Grassington at New Year

This will definitely be our last change before retirement

Blimey!

That’s a big wallet you’ve got there, Paul!

Wink LoL
It’s feeling a lot lighter Blush

We got a brilliant deal on our current van - one of the benefits of having a long relationship with the dealer. If the show had been busier possibly not got the deal we did.

It’s on the limit of my car so I will need to load carefully. One of the deals I got was ATC retro fitted FOC.

Congrats on the new van Riggers, hope you don’t have to wait too long for it. Not ever been to the show as we never buy brand new. When we went to pick our van up from the dealer (had the brakes down) they had a couple of 2020 Coachman's. I took a fancy to the VIP with the single beds, it was only £500 more than our model. If we hadn’t purchases our current van in May I would have been tempted, as it was I didn’t want to receive a handbagging from Mrs One
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
Hi OP we take the view that this is our lifestyle choice and only real “costing” hobby - albeit expensive- so if we can afford it we do it. We always said we wouldn’t buy new but we were corrupted!

Because I’m home based, travel mega miles in a reasonably high pressure environment getting away in the van is my real escape and way to de-stress. I also have the luxury of a company car saving me that heavy investment/running costs.

Also having seen how the state is now getting the vast part of my mother in laws estate whilst she is in care I rightly or wrongly believe that I’m going to spend my money before I lose control of it!